Fifteen

I woke up to a broken day. I think I had passed out from hunger. Or perhaps I was just really exhausted. Either way, it didn't matter. All I wanted was to get the hell out of here and take a shower. I told myself over and over that it all would end. That I was Lilith. And that although bad things usually happened to Lilith, she always made it out okay. This needed to be one of those times. I couldn't picture my parents getting the news about their dead daughter. It just wasn't going to happen. It couldn't. I was going to survive this crap. I always did.

And if no one was going to come through the door to save me, I would have to save myself. No matter what it took. I was going to leave this place in one piece.

"Alex, look." Scarlett's voice from across the room steered me away from my thoughts and I looked up from the floor through the curtain of my black hair.

Alex strode to her side with long legs and a deadly look in his eyes. He shoved Scarlett aside to get a better view of whatever she wanted to show him that was outside.

He squinted trying to get a better look and then all of a sudden his eyes went wide. He turned around," They're here-"

He was caught off short as the door was showers with bullets knocking it down and demolishing it to nothing but chunks of wood.

Everyone in the room ducked, and in stepped a tall man with a steel blue gaze. His gaze scanned the room until he found what he was looking for. His eyes locked on me.

Everything that happened after that was a blur. I don't even know how it happened. I remember a storm of bullets. The loud booming noise. The chaos unfolding. It was nothing like in the movies. This was hell.

Men filled up the room and began to shoot at each other. I rolled over to the floor, still tied to the broken chair. I closed my eyes and hoped I wouldn't get hit. As the rain of bullets continued to hail, even through it, hands came to my rescue and quickly undid the ties.

I strained my neck and tried to look behind me, and caught brown locks.

"Missed me?" I heard that familiar cocky voice.

"Nate? What are you doing here?" I cried out as the ties fell to the floor and I crouched up. I didn't dare stand up knowing I could easily get hit.

"Saving your small, but very nice, ass."
He replied with that grin of his I knew all too well.

I couldn't help the anger that welled up in me at his words."You idiot!" My hand came down on his head as I whacked him.

"What the hell?!" He replies rubbing the spot.

"I can't believe you, Nate. Do you realize how much danger you're in right now?"

"It's no biggie. Just like playing COD. But we have to get out of here soon. Come on."

He grabbed my wrists and bolted behind the couch. I followed closed behind as bullets went through the couch. One flew right past my left cheek, and I gulped with fear.

"What's the plan?" I whispered.

Nate popped his head around the couch inspecting the situation.