Chapter Thirty-Three

There is another song for this chapter, don't worry, I put asterisks when to cue in the music for the song! 

--------

   No words could describe how Ariella was feeling, for a brief moment an entirely different person came over Ariella. She would never imagine ever that she would take initiative to do anything especially if it was as serious as asking someone to be their girlfriend. Cedric offered to return inside and once they were inside, Hermione ran straight up to Ariella and wrapped her arms around her.

   “It feels like forever since I’ve seen you!” Hermione squeezed her and gently pulled back.

   “I’ll see you later, alright?” Cedric smiled as he leaned over and placed a kiss on Ariella’s cheek. Hermione’s jaw dropped while Cedric smiled as he waved to Hermione before he went to go find his friends. Ariella started to blush and tried to think of an answer to the predictable question Hermione was about to ask.

   “If you’re going to ask then ask.” Ariella placed her hand next to the cheek Cedric kissed.

  Hermione’s jaw dropped but the ends of her lips curled into a smile, she was speechless but after a moment a high pitch screamed escaped the cavern of her mouth. “When did that happen!? You and Cedric?! Are you actually dating!?”

  Ariella nodded which resulted in Hermione wrapping her arms around Ariella’s neck once again; she pulled away and couldn’t believe it. “I knew it; before school started I knew something would happen between the two of you!” Hermione said proudly but Ariella wasn’t going to let her off the hook.

    “Enough about me,” Ariella pulled Hermione’s wrist and found an empty table for the two of them to rest; the music was pulsing but it wasn’t ear deafening, everyone was enjoying themselves even Pansy Parkinson who legitimately was having a good time. “I want to know when you and Viktor happened and when exactly you were going to tell me!”

   “Tell you what?” Fleur walked over with Ginny by her side as the two girls took a seat next to Ariella and Hermione; the four girls sat around the table, surrounding the ice sculptured centerpiece that was charmed not to melt.

  “That Cedric and Ariella are officially an item now!” Hermione teased.

  To Hermione’s words, Ginny and Fleur squealed and instantly wanted the details but Ariella wanted her answers before she could give out any. Hermione explained as she spent time in the library, Viktor would come up to her every one in a while for help, she didn’t think of it much and the time she spent helping Viktor surprised her, she figured that he was just an athlete rather than a bookworm, but it turns out he was a balance of both and week prior to the Yule Ball, Viktor asked her and she said yes.

   “Okay, now that Viktor and Hermione are covered; let’s talk about you and Cedric. Details, I mean, I saw the two of you dancing dreamingly as you stared into each other’s eyes.” Ginny began to mention

   “It wasn’t that noticeable, was it?” Ariella asked.

   “Well, other than Hermione and Viktor, you two covered for the “it” champion couple!” Ginny teased as she leaned forward. “But, how did it happen?”

   “Well, it’s like you said, we were dancing and when we were dancing everything felt perfect; I was completely lost in a trance, the only person I could think about was Cedric.” The three girls began to awe at Ariella’s words which brought a smile to her face. “Then we went outside and we were just enjoying the night sky and then, I don’t know, this completely different person came over me; I told him how I was scared to fall for someone after Oliver and I was worried that what I said to Oliver last year would be hypocritical what I do this year.” She explained.