Chapter Fifteen

Ariella was living in a nightmare; she wanted to wake up but no matter what she did, the tears were real, the pain was real, what stood in front of her eyes was there and not some illusion.

  Ambrosia brought her hand up to Oliver’s face and gently caressed it; she didn’t understand. Since the beginning, Ambrosia encouraged Ariella to follow her heart and be with Oliver but now, Ambrosia is in Oliver’s arm hearing the words Ariella thought were meant for her. She was the sparkle in Oliver’s eye and Ambrosia a bright red as if this was all a dream.

  Oliver pulled Ambrosia close; Ariella wanted to run but she was paralyzed. She was forced to watch everything, Ambrosia rested her head with her eyes facing Ariella; Ambrosia froze, her eyes widen staring at Ariella who was distraught.

   “Ariella…” She said guilty.

  Oliver looked down at Ambrosia with an odd expression before he turned to face Ariella, Ariella’s heart drop. Oliver wasn’t surprised that Ariella was there, he didn’t seem bothered, and he didn’t seem guilty. He stood there, staring at her wondering why she was crying.

  Ariella was trying to find her words but she lost her ability to speak. Ambrosia pulled away from Oliver and approached Ariella. She placed her hand on her shoulder but Ariella jerked her hand away and by instinct slapped Ambrosia across the face. Once she realized what she did, she brought her hand over her mouth and stared at her. Oliver immediately stepped in between Ariella and Ambrosia and glared at Ariella.

   “What do you think you’re doing?!” He yelled.

  Ariella coward back but she wanted an explanation.

   “Oliver, I” It was too painful for her to speak to Oliver; she took a step to the side and stared at Ambrosia who was hiding behind Oliver with her hand covering the spot where Ariella slapped her. “Ambrosia, what the hell is this?” She said out of breath as the tears continued to pour.

   “I loved him first.” She said as she glared at Ariella.

  Ariella didn’t understand, if she did then why did she encouraged Ariella to be with him? “Then why did you help me? If you told me then,”

   “And hurt Oliver?” She said as she stepped in front of Oliver.

  Ariella looked up at him who had a clueless yet concern look upon his face, not for Ariella but for Ambrosia.

   “So, it was fine to hurt me?” She assumed.

  Ambrosia looked away and turned around and grabbed Oliver’s hand. They started walking away but Oliver told Ariella to trust him, that he would be there every step in the way. He told her himself that he likes her, or in this case, liked her. Ariella ran up to him and grabbed his arm; he slowly turned around and looked into her eyes. Ambrosia was a step away from Oliver, begging him to follow but he asked for a minute.

   “Trust you, remember? You told me to trust you.” She said trying to hold back the tears. “Oliver, I don’t know or understand what’s going on but I should trust you, right? That what you told me two months ago was all true, right?” She brought her hand to Oliver’s face.

  They stood there in silence; he opened his mouth but quickly closed it and looked down.

   “Oliver, I don’t expect what I’m about to say will change anything but if it does,” She looked down and tilted Oliver’s head up. He stared into her emerald eyes that shined as the light hit the pools of water in her eyes.

   “It’s too soon for me to say that I love you but you’re the best thing about this place. Oliver, I like you and-” Oliver interrupted her by taking her hands and placed them by her side. He let go and looked at her.