Chapter Seventeen

Ariella and Harry walked on the path towards Hagrid's Hut and met with Hermione and Ron halfway. They were all in their casual clothes, jumpers and jeans for the warm weather. Harry told them about Peter Pettigrew which brought concern to Hermione's face while Ron stared at them unable to put the pieces together for now. They all laugh with Hermione commenting how thick Ron could be at times.

   "So, why are you guys out here so early?" Ariella asked. The original plan was that they all were going to meet in front of the Great Hall but things happened.

   "Oh, we came out here looking for Scabbers." Hermione said.

   "I don't know why, I already know that your bloody cat killed him." Ron snapped at Hermione as he stood at the far end with Harry and Ariella separating the two of them.

   "For the last time, he didn't!" Hermione protested.

   "I've seen the way your cat looks at Scabbers!"

  Before Hermione could rebuttal, their attention was diverted to Draco hiding behind large standing stones uphill from Hagrid's hut. Instantly, Hermione, Ron and Harry were disgusted, Ariella wasn't as disgusted as they were since she was friends with Draco but she was still upset.

   "You foal loathsome evil little cockroach!" Hermione shouted.

  Before anyone could hold her back, she was already making her way towards Draco. He wasn't alone; by his side were Crabbe and Goyle. He turned around and smirked at the three but when he noticed Ariella he eased up a bit but his attitude remained constant.

   "Hermione, no!" Ron yelled out as Hermione pointed her wand which caught Draco by surprised. His face drained of color and there was a faint whimper escaping his lips. "He's not worth it!"

  Hermione stared at him as she lowered his wand, when the wand was by her side she turned away and Draco gave a little snicker but to that, he received a nice punch right between the eyes from Hermione. It was surprising to see Hermione lose control, Harry and Ron couldn't help but show their satisfied smile while Ariella was the exact opposite. Draco ran away with Crabbe and Goyle following him in fear that they would be the next.

   "That felt good." Hermione smiled.

  Ariella watched Draco which grabbed Ron's attention.

   "What? You didn't enjoy that? What are you going to do? Go run by his side like Parkinson?" Ron blurted out.

  Ariella didn't get angry; she learned to cope with Ron's outburst. Harry lightly backhand his chest and gave him a look.

   "Draco is Ariella's friend." Hermione pointed out.

  However Ariella didn't mind that much, she shrugged it off and commented how he deserved it. The four of them headed down to Hagrid's hut. The day sulked, there was no sun in the sky, it was a warm day but there was a heavy pressure in the air. Crows spiraled around Hagrid's hut and there sitting in the middle of Hagrid's garden patch was the grey majestic Hippogriff, Buckbeak. Hermione and Ariella walked by and shuttered away from his innocent glance.

  Harry knocked on Hagrid's door and there, Hagrid opened the door with his face puffier than usual. Ariella grew a fondness towards Hagrid's despite the few encounters they shared; he was a man who meant well and found a loving goodness in all creatures and even humans.

   They walked into his hut where miscellaneous items hung from every hook and stashed in every cranny. Hagrid closed the door as everyone found a place to sit or stand.

   "How are you feeling, Hagrid?" Ariella asked.

  He sighed and tried to find his words, he looked around the room and just mumbled but he nodded to show that he was decent.