Chapter Ten

As Ariella made her way back to the table, she noticed the way Draco coward his head away. A thought drifted in the back of her head, she wondered if he was watching. She approached the table and placed the ingredient on the table; she wanted to ask Draco what he saw but he showed no interest to any idle chit-chat between the both of them. 

  The remainder of the class was strictly professional; Professor Snape commented how surprising it was for Draco to still be working after all this time. Draco is Professor Snape's best and favorite student, he put everything aside and left the comments once he was finished.

  By the time they finished their potion, there was still a remainder of class left. Ariella helped Draco put away the ingredients but before she left, the idea of Draco listening to her conversation with Pansy still lingered in her head. She turned around and she watched his subtle reaction, he lifted an eyebrow but as soon as her mouth opened; something was placed on the table that caught both of their attention. It was a burgundy colored sac with a rope holding together the contents bulging inside. Ariella brought her head up and met Ron's blue eyes that burned with anger.

   "What do you want, Weasel?" Draco said as he thinned his eyes towards Ron making it seem as if Ron's presence alone was an eyesore.

   "Shut it, Malfoy." Ron glared at Draco before he turned towards Ariella. "Harry told me these are Oliver's favorite. I got them off Seamus, thought you'd put them to better use, you'll probably get a kiss, considering how desperate you are." Ron smirked. To Ron's comment, it made Draco snicker; Ariella held herself together.

  Ariella opened her mouth as her brow furrowed, she wanted to explain and defend herself but Ron cut her off.

   "I don't want to hear it. You little sl-"

  Before Ron could finish, he was distracted as Draco made a waving gesture in the air. His face was paler than usual; it seemed as if there was a putrid odor surrounding him. Ariella stood there, watching him with a confused expression upon her face, however for Ron, Draco's action irritated him.

   "What are you doing?"

   "Weasley," He took a moment to respond as he took a moment to inhale and exhale. "As much as this is entertaining for me; too much of your presence, any longer than a minute, gives me a headache."

  Ron's ears and cheeks flared with a bright red, his nostrils flared. He stared at Ariella who looked clueless however she couldn't help but feel grateful for Draco stepping in. But, who was to say Draco was doing it for her sake? Whatever the case may be, she appreciated it and thanked him in silence.

   "Even got Malfoy on your side?" Ron blurted out.

  Professor Snape dismissed the class, Ariella's expression was aghast. She thought how absurd Ron was being yet it did change her perspective of Draco butting into their conversation. She tried for a second approach to defend herself; she opened her mouth as Harry caught her eye, he was standing by the door, perhaps waiting for Ron.

   "Ron, listen to me. It's not like that!" She pleaded but from Ron's expression, he wasn't interested.

   "You two are perfect for each other." Ron said before he stormed off to join Harry.

  Ariella looked down at the tattered table with her eyes started to moisten, she didn't want to succumb to her emotions especially with Draco watching over her shoulder. She grabbed her books and turned away from Draco with her head facing the ground.

   "Ariella..." Draco said softly.

  She brought her head up and peered over her shoulder with her hair covering her eyes, before she opened her mouth, she forced a laugh.

Let's Blame MagicOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara