Chapter Twelve

In Potions class, Ariella sat alone at her table, it amazed her how lonely she felt without Draco by her side. She watched as Harry and Ron were laughing with Seamus and Dean, while Hermione comforted Neville after repeatedly telling her how terribly sorry he was for her having him as a partner. She watched in awe and wondered how nice it would be to have friends like that on a daily basis.

  Her eyes flickered towards the door as Pansy walked in with her long black hair and pale complexion, her eyes bulged making her brown eyes stand out more. Crabbe and Goyle walked by her side as they escorted her to her table. Pansy felt Ariella’s gaze as she quickly snapped her head towards Ariella; she jumped in her seat and brought her head down once Pansy met her eyes.

  Shortly after, Professor Snape walked in and addressed the issue with Draco; however, he didn’t see how his absence would affect Ariella in any way. Ariella worked in silence as Professor Snape discussed that today’s lesson would be concocting the Confusing Draught, a potion which causes confusion to the drinker.

  Being a Ravenclaw student, she had no trouble analyzing and following the instructions, however, she did have to make it seem as if she was having difficulty. Ariella was stirring the mixture until it thickened when she noticed Pansy walking over to her table; she kept her head down and continued to work until Pansy took Draco’s seat.

   “Miss him?” She asked as she lifted her eyebrow.

  Ariella ignored her. She flipped the pages of her book to give the illusion that she was busy when she just had to wait for the batch to thicken. Pansy examined every move and gesture she made; her tongue ran along her back teeth as she waited for her answer.

   “As concern I am for Draco, I’m actually happy this happened.”  Pansy said with a laugh.

  Ariella turned her head towards Pansy with a disgusted emotion, here; standing in front of her was supposedly Draco’s right hand girl. For her to say that she was happy Draco was injured, she really couldn’t understand.

   “You’re happy?” She slowly said.

   “She speaks.” Pansy laughed as she flashed her eyes at her table, checking if Professor Snape would realize she wasn’t doing her work. “But yeah, I am happy, because he doesn’t have to deal with a half-blood like you."

  Pansy made her laugh which brought a look of confusion about her face.

   “There’s a lot you don’t know about me, one being the fact that I’m not a half-blood, I’m a pure-blood. Both my parents,” Suddenly, just by mentioning her parents she felt her chest clench.

  Pansy noticed how sensitive it was for Ariella to mention her parents and it brought a smile to her face. Ariella turned around and focused on her work, the batch was just about ready as it became harder for Ariella to stir the batch.

   “Well, in a way, I’m happy for Draco too.”

   “You are?” Pansy said unalarmed.

   “Yeah, he finally has a reason to get away from you.”

  Pansy’s face flared up, her fair complexion changed to a maroon like color; her fist clenched up, her teeth grinned which was an amusing sight for Ariella.

   “I’m sure he wouldn’t mind if I stop by to see him.”

   “Oh, I doubt it.” Pansy said sure of herself.

   “Parkinson, you’re supposedly claiming to be his girlfriend yet you know nothing about him.”

  Pansy scoffed and stood up “And you do?”