Chapter Twenty-Five

“Your school, it is so, dull.” Fleur said as she examined each wall and corridor she passed, as her and Ariella made their way to the Ravenclaw Tower.

  Ariella learned after spending time with Fleur, that the Beauxbaton Academy of Magic seemed to be an exquisite place, Fleur went into detail how Beauxbaton compared to Hogwarts, appeared to be more of a palace rather than a castle. Although, Ariella was embarrassed to the state of Hogwarts, it didn’t affect her as much as she thought, for Hogwarts is her home and it shouldn’t matter on the interior, the only thing that should matter is being able to feel safe and comfortable.

  They continued walking down the dreary old hallway, where the walls stood strong yet their colors faded with age. Ariella noticed a bunch of First year students being guided by the Head Boy or Girl of each of the four houses.

   “I bet all of this seem chaotic to you, doesn’t it?” Ariella laughed as she swerved through the students, continuing to walk down the corridor to the Tower.

   “Yes, it does.” Her French accent was so strong, Ariella couldn’t help but notice that some letters and words dragged on longer than others. “But, it’s amazing how the houses define one’s personality, I’m just grateful that, the Beauxbatons, are staying with you, everyone in Ravenclaw seems so sophisticated.” Fleur smiled.

  Ariella opened her mouth when through her peripherals, she noticed that she was about to bump into someone; she quickly turned her head and came within an inch apart from their face.

   “Oh, I’m so sorry!”

  They were at the foot of the staircase, leading to the Ravenclaw Tower; shades of blue ran up and down the staircase. Ariella waited for their response but expected not a word to be spoken; there was a bitter taste in her mouth, her pulse began to rise and her head began to reel.

   “Why if it isn’t my younger sister, or should I say step-sister?”

  And by instant, Ariella was drained with emotions. She stared into a pair of light brown eyes, a wicked crooked smile, and although, an expression that was far too happy for its own too good. It was Ambrosia, her “for a brief moment, the girl she could depend on anything until she stole her guy using a love potion” friend. By the end of Third year, Ariella discovered that both she and Ambrosia shared the same last name yet only till now has she discovered that there is a legitimate connection between the both of them; the father who has left Ariella, is now the father of Ambrosia.

   “Oh, is she you’re sister?” Fleur oblivious smiled.

   “No.” Ariella quickly said as she continued to stare at Ambrosia, her expression remained unchanged, an ear to ear grin. “I thought you went by Ambrosia Ackerly?” Ariella keened her eyes toward Ambrosia.

   “You know I did, until you mentioned the “P” on my luggage from last year, so I went home and asked my dear old “step-daddy” and it turns out, I have a step-sister by the name of Ariella, he planned on introducing me to her but her Grandmother said it was best for us not to meet, but I don’t know why. I’ve always wanted a little sister.” Ambrosia said amused.

  Ariella felt nauseous; after suspecting that there was a connection between her and Ambrosia, she never realized how she would feel if her suspicions were true, but she hoped that they weren’t.

   “So, my name is Ambrosia Price. You better start listening to me, sis. Oh, I can’t wait our sisterly-bonding!”

   “I don’t have to listen to you! You’re not older than me!’ Ariella quickly snapped as Fleur watched as the two newly step-siblings began their family quarrel.