Chapter Twenty-Three

For this part, I included a video of the woman that portrays Ariella, the amazing Samantha Barks! Why? Because whenever I'm writing a character and I have the actress/actor that portrays them, I play interviews to capture their voice in my head, that really brings out the character. 

----------------------------------------

  Ariella followed shortly behind Cedric, she watched as Cedric greet his Dad before he stood up and gestured outside of the tent. She thought they would have a least a few minutes to relax but Mr. Diggory pointed out they’d be too relax and end up missing the majority of the game. They made their way over to the stadium when they saw Mr. Weasley and everyone else amongst the crowd; sadly, the Diggory’s and the Weasley’s were seated in different sections, therefore Ariella had to spend more quality time with Cedric rather than her friends, not that she was complaining but she wanted to be with them.

   “I found our seats, Dad.” Cedric looked back as he gestured toward the front row of the middle section of the stadium, they were perfect for the game and Ariella could only wonder how Mr. Diggory managed to get such amazing seats.

  Cedric let his Dad go first and followed letting Ariella sit at the end of the row.

   “Are you excited?” Cedric asked once they were seated.

  Ariella didn’t know much about Quidditch and that came as a shock to Cedric, even though she didn’t date Oliver, he expected that he would have told her a thing or two about Quidditch but then again, Ariella and Oliver didn’t spend a lot of time together.

  “What about you? Are you excited?” Ariella asked as she popped a popcorn kernel in her mouth.

  He turned his head partially towards her and gave her a smirk, thanks to Hermione, she knew that he was a Quidditch player, one of the most important players in Quidditch, the Seeker; responsible at the appropriate moment to capture the Golden Snitch that awards the team 150 points. Ariella traced her eyes on Cedric’s reaction but he was hard to read.

   “I’m not much of a Quidditch fanatic.” He laughed. Ariella knew what he was hinting at, she knew it was uncalled for but she realized that he wasn’t going to get off teasing her about him. “But, there’s a bit of excitement inside of me. Just a bit.” He gestured with his index finger and thumb as he closed one eye as the other one squinted.

   “So, how do you past the time when you’re only excited, just a bit?” Ariella asked as she copied Cedric’s gesture.

  He laughed and popped a kernel in his mouth; he took a moment to finish before he could answer. He cleared his throat and looked out onto the stage “It doesn’t matter if I’m excited or not, to be honest. I’d take any opportunity to experience something new.” He smiled as he looked in the direction of the open field.

  Ariella stared at him with amazement. Cedric was nothing like Oliver, for Oliver, there was a one-sided opinion for him; it’s either you love the game and play or you hate it and avoid anything in correlation to it. Cedric, he was an explorer, he was curious about everything which makes sense since he was in the Hufflepuff house. There was a loud uproar when the Minister of Magic, Cornelius Fudge, walked into the center of the arena. Ariella could barely saw what the Minister was doing but from what she saw, she watched as he placed his wand to his neck, casting the spell Sonorous, making his voice as a megaphone. He introduced this year’s Quidditch Match; once he left, the event began and introducing the Bulgarian team, a group of Veelas who were very attractive creatures who were able to seduce the opposite sex. They were similar to harpies, thus allowing them to appear as humans; there are those in the Wizarding World who are able to possess the Veela trait that allows them to be magnificently beautiful beings. They were the opening act for the Bulgarians; Ariella watched and noticed as they captured every male in the audience but surprisingly, not Cedric.