Chapter Twenty-Two

Ariella separated from the group as she followed Mr. Diggory and Cedric to find their tent; they were at the Quidditch World Cup with the Weasley's but because of Ariella's sudden appearance, there was just enough room in Weasley tent. However, there was room for one more in the Diggory tent but Ariella couldn't feel at ease about this.

She walked behind Cedric and remembered how she reacted when she found out she was going to stay with Cedric. She yelled as if she detested the idea, when she looked at Cedric, he was taken by surprise but in his eyes, it looked as if he understood how Ariella was feeling. She bit the inside of her cheek as she stared at the back of his head, she wanted to apologize for her outburst but she didn't know how to approach it.

"Ah! Here we are!" Mr. Diggory smiled as he gestured to a mustard yellow burlap tent.

He walked over and lifted the flap allowing his son and Ariella to enter first, she thanked him as she passed, returning with a gentle smile that made Ariella regretting her outburst more. When she was inside, the tent doubled in its size, it was built as a house but on the outside to any muggle it would be seen as a regular tent that held at least one to two sleeping bags. She watched as Cedric placed his bag on a bed on the far left while there was another bed on the opposite side; Ariella knew that Mr. Diggory and Cedric would share that side leaving the other side for Ariella. She walked over and sat on the bed which gave her a perfect view of Cedric's bed for they were parallel to each other.

"Cedric, take my bag. I'm just going off for a little stroll. You two are free to do as you please; just be back here by sunset." Mr. Diggory smiled as he handed his bag over to Cedric before leaving the tent.

Ariella and Cedric were left in the silence. He walked over to the opposite side of the tent while Ariella watched him as she sat at the edge of her bed. If there was a perfect time to apologize, now would be that time. Ariella watched him and slowly opened her mouth but Cedric beat her to the punch.

"It's fine." He said as he looked up giving a one sided smile.

She scoffed but to a smile, she pushed her body off the bed and walked over running her fingers along the edges of the couch. She stopped in her tracks when she was at the end of the couch and looked at him with curiosity, he shared the expression.

"Who said I was sorry?" Ariella teased.

"Are you?" He lifted an eyebrow as he placed a shirt from his Dad's bag on the vacant bed.

Ariella bit he lip and sighed, she turned her body sideways letting her body lean against the couch, her arms folded and her head turned towards Cedric.

"Yes, I am sorry. Look, I didn't mean to act like that, it's just that-"

"Like I said, "It's fine."" He repeated with a smile after interrupting Ariella. "And don't worry, I promise that I won't watch you while you sleep."

Ariella laughed because she knew that he was joking, he laughed along with her. She turned her head away and realized how quickly she became comfortable with Cedric considering that this was her second time she ever spent with Cedric.

"Well," She quickly said as she realized how deep she was thinking "I'm going to go for a walk. Do you want me to wait for you, or?" She asked kindly.

"No, you go on ahead. I'll keep my eye out for you." He smiled.

Ariella nodded and walked towards the entrance of the tent, she lifted the flap and allowed the warmth of the sun's rays to beam down on her face. The campgrounds were lively; there were numerous delicious aromas in the air, all sorts of laughter and flags representing the teams of the Quidditch players. Ariella only knew of the Chudley Cannons because of Ron but she quickly familiarized herself to know the two major teams everyone was rooting for were the Irish and the Bulgarians.