Chapter Twenty-Eight

A month went by in the Castle; during that time, Ariella watched helplessly as Harry walked through the halls being the most hated person at Hogwarts. Hermione informed the night Harry was declared a champion in the Tri-Wizard Tournament, the two got into a fight and now they wouldn’t talk to each other; Hermione spent time with Ron and Ariella with Harry. Although, it was hard for Harry, he appreciated Ariella’s support but he knew that she would never understand what he was going through, he kept to himself, lost in deep thought as the first challenge was closing in. Ariella also had her own personal problems, the biggest one would have to be the amount of time she has caught Ambrosia and Draco together, outside of class; Pansy confronted Draco one time, only to have her crying after the confrontation. On the bright side, Ariella managed to become good friends with Fleur who considered herself to be Ariella’s wingman with Cedric, however, Ariella is still in denial of her feelings towards Cedric, there are feelings for Cedric, just none she could admit. There was also one more person she grew a personal liking to and it was Reese, the American student.

   “Hey there, enjoying yourself?” Reese’s shadow hovered over Ariella as he found her sitting near a large oak tree where its shadow spread throughout the grounds of the courtyard. She was buried in her Astronomy books, fascinated by the knowledge within the lines of the pages, the origin of the stars and the meaning within constellations.

  She looked up and saw Reese with his books under his arm with his hands in his pockets, smiling at her with a goofy grin on his face, yet charming to say the least. “Yes, I am actually.” Ariella smiled and placed the book on her lap.

   “Cool. Okay, next question, are you busy?” He asked as he placed all his weight on one leg, Ariella could hear a bunch of Gryffindor and Beauxbaton girls pass by and greeted him with flirtatious laughs and waves. “Hey.” He said casually as he smiled back.

   “You weren’t kidding about the whole “girls amazed by you” thing, but to answer your question, I’m not busy but I will be later, I have to go meet Cedric later. He wanted to ask me something.” Ariella explained.

  Reese suddenly had an intrigued look on his face, “It wouldn’t be related to the Yule Ball that will take place right after the first challenge, will it?” He asked.

   The Yule Ball was a traditional event that took place, the same time the Tri-Wizard Tournament was hosted. It was a night to bring together the schools in festivity and laughter; it was a very formal event which meant that it was recommended that each and every female student will be escorted by a gentleman, if asked. Professor Flitwick mentioned it during class a week after the champion selection took place; Hermione was one to drop hints that Cedric would ask Ariella to the ball but every time Ariella and Cedric were alone, he never brought up the Ball.

   “How would I know?” Ariella laughed.

   “That’s true, things like that should be unexpected and happen at an unexpected moment; so considering that Cedric wants to ask you something, doesn’t mean it’s about the Ball, considering you know about it.” Reese explained which made Ariella laugh beyond disbelief that he was able to analyze all of that after a single sentence.

   “Well, do you plan on asking someone to the Ball?” She asked.

  Reese took a seat beside Ariella, placing the book held under his arm on his lap. He took one of his hands out of his pockets and placed it over the face of the books; his head turned towards Ariella with a face to show he was thinking but in a sense as if it didn’t matter.

   “Who am I supposed to ask?”

   “Again, how would I know that? Just ask a girl you’re comfortable talking to, or one of your many followers.” Ariella gestured to a bunch of giggling girls that passed Reese one again, where Ariella could have sworn was the same group from earlier.