Uncomfortable Mystery

Penny is now back at the Marukura Estate, seated in the break room yet again. Marucho is sitting across from her, and a few friends, notably Jill, Dylan, Dan, and Runo, are there as well. Penny takes stock of the crowd before looking to Marucho.

"Ok, so, looks like we're all here. Marucho, what's going on?"

"I assume your dad told you about, well, what happened yesterday, right?"

Penny nods curtly at that, a wave of discomfort immediately washing over her.

"...so, well, we're in an odd situation."

Jill walks over as whatever Manion turned into clicks open, floating down to sit on the table.

"That's a simple way of putting it. I still have no clue what your superiors are talking about in lieu of Vestroia."

Marucho nods, sighing frustratedly as he rubs his face a bit.

"...ok. Let's start from the beginning. At least from my side."

Marucho takes Preyas out and sets him on the table. He clicks open, sitting there patiently.

"Frosch tested Preyas and I, and we passed, thanks to, er, a new arrival."

Jill inspects Preyas closely.

"He doesn't seem to have changed. At all."

"From what everyone's been saying, it looks like Preyas's... 'evolution' was a unique one. I want you all to meet what I've dubbed Preyas II, or, well..."

He takes what looks like an Aquos Bakugan out. He flips it over and back, revealing that it seemingly has two sides.

"Angelo..."

Marucho holds one side up. It looks to have some Haos colors mixed in. It then clicks open, revealing a statuette of a creature similar to Preyas, but with odd angel-like wings and some notable Haos shades.

"Greetings, accomplices of Marucho. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Penny listens quietly, feeling interested by this odd new Bakugan. Marucho then grimaces a bit and starts rotating his hand.

"However, on the other side, er..."

Marucho flips Angelo over. He clicks closed momentarily before reopening, revealing a different version of the same Bakugan that looks to have sharp, bat-like wings in the statuette form.

"Diabolo."

The Bakugan looks around, giving a rather crass, more casual chuckle.

"Heh! Guess you're my teammates, huh?"

Diabolo then clicks closed and reopens to Angelo.

"I must apologize, he tends to be a little rude-"

Angelo flips back to Diabolo.

"Rude? You interrupted me-"

Diabolo starts to reverse to Angelo, but Dylan walks over, clearing his throat and shaking his head a little.

"Let's not argue, everyone. So, Marucho, you have Preyas II. Penny now has Omega Leonidas, um... Jill has Pharaoh Manion, I have Astral Serpenoid..."

Dylan glances over at Dan and Runo. They've been sitting off in the corner, chatting quietly for the entire time. He narrows his eyes a little.

"Hey? Guys? Wanna join the conversation?"

Penny does her best to hold back a laugh, finding this whole thing amusing. She's not used to Dylan actually sticking his neck out like this, but it's cool. Whatever happened during his trial was likely a good thing.