The Weather Outside is Frightful

It's quarterfinals time, and Penny is back in the prep room. She feels excited, and it's quite evident how palpable that same emotion is throughout the rest of the combatants.

As Penny looks around, she spots Cyan, Tanner, Nene, the odd brawler, and three other brawlers that she hasn't met yet. That makes eight of them. Eight, half of which were going home today.

Well, not home, going to the stands.

Penny walks over to Cyan and sits by her.

"So, who's your opponent?"

Cyan turns her eyes back to the computer screen and taps it to turn it back on.

"Uh, this kid named Dylan. I'm pretty sure he goes to the other middle school? I remember Jill talking about him. He looks to be a Haos brawler..."

"Oh, Dylan? W-We're in a Dungeons and Dragons g-game, together."

Penny and Cyan both look over to spot Tanner approaching them.

"Really? What's he like?"

"A nerd, l-like me, hehe."

"Well, aside from the obvious, Tanner."

"He g-goes to one of the other middle schools. He's, uh, a little i-intense. He gets super f-focused and is really strategic... e-every time I brawl him h-he runs circles around me."

"Yeah, no kidding, check this out."

Cyan chuckles and starts to read what's on her screen.

"It says, 'Dylan is a Haos brawler, and regards himself as the smartest amongst his peers. Using his intellect, he weaves together strategies that can snare just about anyone in their nets. Be careful, because he's likely already anticipated your every move!'"

"What about his partner?"

"A Haos Serpenoid."

Tanner grimaces a little.

"...S-Serpenoid? I d-don't even use o-one. He's g-gotta be brave i-if that's his partner."

Serpenoid is Penny's second weakest member of her roster, aside from Robotallion. Dylan's definitely confident to claim one as his partner.

"Penny, what about your opponent-"

"That would be me!"

Nene interjects and confidently marches over, looking at Penny. She gives her an icy stare in response

"Well, let me prepare, then."

Penny goes to read Nene's bio.

Nene is small, but mighty! Using the attribute of Ventus, she aims to blow everyone away with her brawling skills. Strategy, power? She has all of it! She'd like to thank her older brothers, Akira and Shuji, for getting her into Bakugan, and expects them to thank her for coaching them.

Penny tilts her head.

"You taught Shuji and Akira?"

"'Taught' is a bad word. I try, but they never listen! And then they wonder why they always lose!"

"That's annoying."

"Yeah! I've stopped listening whenever Shuji complains. It's so annoying!"

Penny nods, feeling a bit more self-satisfied, and goes to read Nene's partner's bio.

Ravenoid is clad in tough armor and is good at everything. Speed? You got it. Strength? It can bench more than your dad. Skill? Just ask Nene. Watch out, because for everything you can throw at Ravenoid, she has answer for it.