Supporting Waves

Cyan gazes across the Doom Dimension at Frosch. As she does, the area around her becomes blue and watery as she floats gently in an endless sea.

The sensation is brief, and she's soon standing before Frosch, enveloped in the oddly dry deluge.

"I am to test you, Cyan. I must warn you... what you are to see will change you, forever."

Cyan nods calmly in turn, trying her best to beat away the spike of nervousness and anxiety that buds in her head. It fails, however, as Frosch tilts his head curiously.

"My. Nervous, are we? Do not fret, Cyan. I will not go as far as you believe... yet, I will also not make this a 'walk in the park,' as you humans say."

"...I just... want to make sure everyone will be ok."

"Perhaps we should focus on you first."

Suddenly, Cyan is standing on a beach. The waves gently roll back and forth on the endless expanse as seafoam sparkles in the gently rising sun. She notices a few seagulls standing near her, which squawk at her intrusion and fly off into the open air.

"...where am I?"

Frosch appears next to her. Now that they're standing closer together, Cyan notices that he's even shorter than Marucho. He gestures with a wide, open motion with his staff towards the coastline.

"My realm. Its form changes depending on who enters it... and so do its inhabitants."

"So... what should I do?"

"Go, and look around. I will be watching, quietly. Your trial begins now."

Frosch walks into the water and vanishes as a wave rolls over him. Cyan sighs frustratedly as a bit of confusion bubbles up in her chest. She then turns away and starts to walk down the beach.

After a few brief moments, she spots something odd: a small child, walking away from her. They look familiar, but Cyan doesn't quite recognize why. But, as she follows, she finds them quickly getting further and further away. Eventually, she freezes in place, not really knowing if she can reach them. Was that a trick? A test? She doesn't know.

Except, then, she feels someone step up beside her. She looks over, staring in confusion as she sees a perfect mirror of herself. Except, she holds a Doom Card in her hand. Cyan gives a startled gasp, stumbling away from the eerie reflection as she smiles cruelly.

"There you are."

"...y-you're just... Frosch's..."

"I know. But still, I'm here. A vague memory of when you were so foolish as to fall prey to the enemy."

Her eerie reflection laughs at that and rolls her eyes as Cyan continues backing up, terrified. She doesn't know how many Bakugan she harmed when she was like that, or how many people she hurt. It's terrifying, to be honest.

"Then... what do you want...?"

"It's funny, really. Frosch finds us the most dangerous of the seven. All because of me. You see, all I am is an amplification of a part of your mind. A part, that has been a part of your forever. Tell me, Cyan, do you truly believe you're doing the right thing?"

"...um... yes...? I... I think..."

Cyan doesn't quite know how to feel about that, wincing in fear as her reflection laughs lightly, slowly beginning to walk towards her.

"Naga made a monster out of us, even if it was just for a week. But you... you've done the same to someone in a far more permanent way. Tell me, again: why do you do this? Love, or obligation?"