Marching On

Damien walks through the city proper, trying to find Tanner. After all, they were going to meet up and try and find out what the heck to do in terms of these top brawlers. It was all Tanner's idea, too, so he couldn't say no, right?

However, Tanner is basically invisible or whatever. It's annoying, yes, but Damien knows he'll find him eventually.

"Warius, do you know where Tanner is?"

Warius is currently sitting on Damien's shoulder, minding his own business.

"No. I'm not aware where your friend is."

Damien sighs frustratedly and goes to take out his phone. Except, Tanner always ends up misplacing his phone or forgetting to take it off silence, or whatever. So, that'll probably not go well. Warius then looks back up at Damien.

"You have your light brick out again. Are you going to try to get his attention?"

"Might as well."

Damien calls Tanner. Of course, it goes right to voicemail, as usual. Maybe Tanner put the phone into airplane mode and forgot to turn it off? Oh, and Tanner's voicemail box is full, too, lovely. Why does he even try-

"Oh, there y-you are!"

Damien's spirits immediately lift as he looks over to see Tanner hurrying up to him. Tanner finally catches up, profusely mumbling several apologies as Damien gives him a little wave. it's good to see him, finally.

"Hi, Tanner."

"Sorry, u-um, I forgot w-where the meetup p-place was for a b-bit..."

Tanner adjusts his glasses and quickly catches his breath. El Condor is floating by him, and cackles, hovering towards Damien.

"He was so worried! He kept gushing about how you'd be mad at him!"

Damien, unbothered by that, just shrugs as usual and gives Tanner a rather uncaring smile.

"You're fine. Anyways, so, what's up?"

"Um... I h-have an idea..."

Damien nods at that. Tanner usually has great ideas and atrocious execution, so fortunately, it looks like Tanner is keeping that in mind and actually working with someone.

"Well, what is it?"

"Ooh, Tanner, perhaps I should tell?!"

Tanner nods at El Condor.

"Ahem! So! We both recall how Jill and Dylan defeated Julio and Billy a few days ago, yes?!"

Damien winces a bit as El Condor doesn't lower its voice whatsoever.

"I- we have a proposition! Perhaps, if we manage to defeat top brawlers as well, that nasty Hal-G and, er, Naga will rear their rather ugly heads!"

"And?"

"Then we will be able to challenge them! And perhaps, through Penny and Marduk's ability to neutralize Negative Energy, free these top brawlers from Hal-G, er, I mean Naga's control!"

"But, how?"

"Glad you asked! In my world, if you bother enough Bee Strikers, the queen of their hive will send the entire army after you! That is how we will deal with the top brawlers: all at once!"

"...are you sure we can handle them all at once?"

El Condor laughs maniacally.

"We have twelve brawlers in our group! They have only five! Six, if we count Masquerade and his distasteful Hydranoid!"