Dark Inferno, Part 2

Penny watches as she gets taken into the battlefield alongside Dan, Runo, and Marucho. She glances across the field at Julio, Chan Lee, and Klaus, and back at her group.

She's honestly surprised that Marucho's willing to brawl. But, well, word did get out about Preyas. So, perhaps Marucho wants revenge? That wouldn't be shocking.

Penny looks around at the group, taking some cards out.

"Um, if you guys need any cards, mine are available."

Runo's, devoid of her usual smile and kindness, glances over at Penny and raises an eyebrow.

"Huh... well, I have Supercharge, so lemme take a look."

Runo looks at Penny's three cards as she fans them out for her.

"Well... I mean, I can always borrow Power Of Darkness, but, I have a few other cards stashed up my sleeves that can also help."

"I don't think Power Of Darkness works on Haos Bakugan..."

Penny and Runo look at Marucho as he continues speaking, nervous, but at least present.

"A-And... it's a better idea to maintain our Triple Node. Um... just, uh, saying."

Penny gives him a slight facsimile of a smile from beneath her mask and nods quickly at him.

"Ok. I'll stick to Negative Energy cleanup, then."

She hopes her tone isn't too prickly, but, oh well.

Dan then pumps his fist into his palm, smiling confidently at his team.

"Alright! Gang! Let's get going!"

Everyone huddles up as Penny listens in.

Runo has Supercharge, Tigrerra: Character, and Blind Gate for gates, and Cut-In Slayer, Light of Life, and Rapid Haos for abilities. She also has a Fusion Card that supposedly works with Light of Life, but she doesn't know what that does yet.

Marucho has Trio Battle, Gravity Drain, and Dissolved Will for gates, as well as Stolen Gold, Flow Tide, and Quartet Battle for abilities.

Lastly, Dan has Dragonoid: Character, Burning Battle, and Lockdown for gates, and Boosted Dragon, Rapid Fire, and Heat Glare for abilities.

All in all, Penny feels like this will go pretty well, all things considered. She then looks across the field, as Chan Lee, Klaus, and Julio take out their Doom Cards.

"Doom Card, set!"

Penny winces a little as the otherwise innocent brawl quickly turns into a death match.

"Everyone, ready?"

Leonidas clicks open, floating by Penny. Everyone else nods and takes their first Gate Cards out.

"Gate Card, set!"

All six Gate Cards go down as Dan takes out his first Bakugan.

"Bakugan, brawl! Pyrus Siege, stand!"

Dan's Siege forms on Marucho's Gate Card, or Trio Battle. Nice.

Marucho goes next and aims for what seems to be Klaus' Gate Card. Wow, he's out for revenge, it would seem.

"Bakugan, brawl! Aquos Terrorclaw, stand!"

Marucho's Terrorclaw forms on Klaus's Gate Card. Runo then grins confidently and tosses a Bakugan up, catches it, and smoothly tosses it out.

"Bakugan, brawl! Haos Monarus, stand!"

Monarus takes shape on Runo's Blind Gate. Klaus, meanwhile, offers a rather haughty grin and whips his first card out.