Not Entertained

Penny sits at the kitchen table in her home, anxiety coursing through her veins.

Today is it, the very first day of the tournament. In total, 32 brawlers applied, including her. There are five brawls in total for her to get through. Just five. She's won at least five brawls, definitely, but five in a row? It seems a bit impossible. She's been practicing a little beforehand, but she's not really sure.

There's also Masquerade's threat, but she really doesn't want to entertain that thought at the moment.

Regardless, she collects her items and gets up. She then walks over to her mom in the living room, who smiles back at her.

"Well, ready?"

"As I can be."

Leonidas clicks open, floating beside Penny.

"I look forward to this."

Penny's mom chuckles.

"I bet you do, Leonidas. Once your dad's done getting ready, we'll be headed out."

Penny smiles. Today is the first round: 32 brawlers, half of which would move on. Fortunately, Penny has people in the crowd to fight for: mom and dad. What better reason is there?

After waiting for a little, Penny gets her outfit and mask on. 

She has a somewhat different outfit, something a little more showy: A purple jacket with the Darkus symbol on the back, a simple black shirt underneath, a choker with a moon adorned on it, fingerless violet gloves, a grey and black skirt with long, snug, deep purple pants under it, and her usual dark blue sneakers. She also has these fancy bat hair ties to hold her pigtails in place, and used just a bit of eyeshadow.

In her perfectly unbiased opinion, she thinks she looks good.

After waiting for a little, she finds herself in the car with her parents. Her dad looks back at her, grinning, as her mom handles the driving.

"So, Penny, you ready to kick some butt and take some names?"

Penny giggles a little, her eyes crinkling up in a smile.

"Yep."

Before she knows it, she's walking into the tournament center she visited a little ago. She goes over to the receptionist.

"Hi. I'm participating in the tournament."

"I see! Your name?"

"Penny Sullivan."

The receptionist goes to a computer, checking a few things and tapping away at the keyboard.

"Alright, Penny. You can make your way to the prep area. These are your parents, I assume?"

Penny's mom had bought enough tickets to watch all five rounds for her and Penny's dad. They were kinda expensive, but both of her parents were determined to watch Penny plow through everything. Hopefully, she doesn't disappoint.

"Yes."

"Alright. I'll go check their tickets. You can go and get ready for the first round. Best of luck to you!" 

The receptionist smiles at Penny as she goes to walk off. Her parents call after her as goes.

"Go get 'em, champ!"

"You're gonna do great, Pen!"

Penny blushes a little as her parents shout after her. She then makes her way to the back sections of the tournament area, arriving in quite a large room.

Penny sees various brawlers walking around, sitting at computers and checking over things. Others are busy messing around with cards and Bakugan. Penny sits at one such terminal and goes to log in.