The Show Begins

Penny is in the city proper, again. Of course, she's with Cyan, and fortunately, her mom as well. She and Cyan had a sleepover, which was fun, and it's been a bit since the fight with Tanner and Damien Neither of them have bothered her since. Although, she knows why this is, and she's not too happy about it.

According to Tanner, who randomly reverted to his usual polite yet somewhat annoying self, Damien's Bakugan had all been wiped out completely a couple of hours after the brawl. Fear Ripper, Siege, Centipoid, all sent to the Doom Dimension.

This wouldn't really worry Penny if that was the only part, though. Damien has more Bakugan, and she still couldn't really get over his Fear Ripper killing Gargonoid, but, of course, there's more.

Tanner didn't know what Penny was talking about when she mentioned Masquerade, either. Instead, he described a completely different brawler. The worst part is that he said that not only did the mystery brawler use Darkus, but they had a Bakugan quite similar to Leonidas: strong, angry, and completely ruthless.

This, of course, worries her. Quite a lot, really. She then went to talk to Damien too, but he didn't want to speak to her. Understandable, neither did she.

With all these incredibly worrying thoughts in mind, she walks through with Cyan and her mom. In reality, they're waiting on Cyan's mom, the ever-elegant Mrs. Mizu, to show up. Penny's mom wants the entire gang to have a nice girl's day on the city. Penny thinks that calling it as it is, or just visiting downtown, works just fine, but her mom disagrees. 

Penny gives Cyan an expectant look as she scrolls her thumb across her phone screen.

"Well, mom should be here soon."

Cyan's mom had gotten her a cell phone for her 13th birthday, which Penny thinks is nice. She hasn't thought of asking her mom or dad for one, but it definitely could be useful as this situation gets worse and worse. She gives Cyan a nonchalant nod.

"Ok."

She soon sees a woman approaching the gang. She looks quite pretty, somewhat resembling Cyan, albeit much older. Penny takes note of her longer black hair, deeper blue-grey eyes, and somewhat aged features, as well as the smile that overtakes her face as she spots Cyan. She adjusts her jacket before hurrying over.

"Hey, everyone! I'm really sorry for the wait, there was a bit of a delay in the buses today."

"Hi mom!"

Cyan charges over and tackles her mom in a hug. Mrs. Mizu barely looks affected by the sudden hurtling teen, maybe because this happens quite often between the two. Penny looks up at her.

"Hi, Mrs. Mizu."

Penny waves at Mrs. Mizu as she responds with an overly energetic grin, happily waving back.

"Hey, kid! How's it going? Clara says you've been kicking tail at school."

Cyan detaches from her mom and slips back over to Penny's side as Penny's mom gives a proud, confident nod.

"You bet. She's probably got the highest grade in her class right now."

Probably? Her mom's just being humble.

Leonidas quietly clicks open and sits on Penny's shoulder as the group all chat for a little. She does her best to not pay him much attention. Her mom then clears her throat.

"So, where should we go?"

Mrs. Mizu goes deep in thought at the same time as Cyan before gasping, an idea striking her mind as she grins wide at everyone.

"Well...!"

She excitedly clasps her hands together.

"I was thinking we first stop at the place where the tournament's being held. You know, Clara, both our kids are signed up for it!"