An Accident

Penny finds herself on Marucho's airship for a second time. She also finds herself sitting with Alice, Runo, Dan, and her dad. Unfortunately, Marucho couldn't make it due to some family obligations or something like that.

Alice was informed of her grandfather's reappearance, and, needless to say, she was adamant to come along. Penny also managed to convince Dan to trust Alice. Runo, fortunately, didn't need any haggling, likely because she's best friends with Alice and all that.

Penny, as the flight has gone on, has either been trying to not focus on the constant movement of the airship, or, well, doing a few brawls. The more notable one has been when she and Runo teamed up to try and beat up Dan.

Somehow, because of how strong Drago is in his new form, they both lost against him. Her dad had even tried to help out by giving the girls advice, but nothing could stand up against this new, rather formidable dragon. It also probably didn't help that he not only starts at 450G, but has an ability that can permanently raise that even higher.

Even through obnoxiously spamming all the unfair strategies Penny and Runo could think of, the match still went in Dan's favor. This is a good thing, though. 

Masquerade doesn't stand a chance.

Now, Penny and Runo are sitting with Alice and chatting while Dan messes with a sketchbook.

"So, I can't believe they finally found him."

"Where do you think he went?"

Alice shakes her head at that.

"...knowing what we do know, he probably ended up in Vestroia, somehow. I'm just glad he's back safe."

Runo nods excitedly at that, smiling wide.

"Yeah! And we can ask him plenty of questions, too."

"Not too much, we don't want to overwhelm him."

Penny's dad sets his book down and looks up at the group.

"...I imagine he's probably a little rattled, if he did end up falling into Vestroia. Just because it's been two years here doesn't mean it was two years there."

"Huh?"

"Dan, remember how you guys were taught in school about how fast the days are on Mercury, in comparison to Earth? At least, I'm pretty sure you were. New Vestroia could be an entirely new planet, so..."

"...oh. Right. Hehe."

Penny snickers a bit at Dan's confusion and looks over at Alice, who seems a bit nervous.

"...at least he's ok."

The rest of the flight goes well, fortunately. Runo is the first to get up once Kato lands the airship. Dan stands as well and brushes his hands off on his pants, stretching, before nodding to the door.

"So, I remember where to go from the last time I came here."

"...so do I, it's my home."

Alice quickly leaves the airship. Runo follows after, as Penny and Dan go with. Her dad disembarks as well.

"Ok, follow us!"

Dan and Alice take the group through a somewhat hidden trail. Eventually, they reach a somewhat spacious yet plain wooden cabin, next to a rather sizeable laboratory. Penny feels a little drawn to the lab, but instead follows Alice. A determined look is written all over her face as she marches up to the cabin.

"...if he's back, then, he'll be here. This is where I usually live. I've been staying in Wardington ever since he vanished, but..."

She walks up to the front door and knocks. After a moment, the door opens, revealing an elderly, slender man with balding, grey hair and a fancy pencil-thin mustache. He adjusts his spectacles as his eyes widen in shock at whoever it is that stands before him.