Doomed Fate

Penny walks into the prep room.

It's been a full 19 hours and 34 minutes since she walked in here. She had counted it. She tends to do weird things like that when she's stressed.

Although, she's not stressed? Maybe. She's anxious, yes, but that's a given. She's more excited to get this over with.

She's also here before the odd brawler. In fact, she hasn't seen him at all anywhere around the facility. Wouldn't it be funny if he just left? No, that wouldn't happen. Life's never going to be that easy.

Penny sits at her seat, the one she's managed to nab the past four days. It's weird how humans tend to just claim a seat, even when they're technically free for everyone to use. 

Penny thumbs through her deck. She needs to bring her A-game today, so, it's time to use the most obnoxious cards she has.

Horror Shield and Alpha Blaster are a must, of course. They've been pretty helpful so far, and likely won't stop being so today. She then goes to pick her last card: Darkus Swap. Since he's likely going to always have higher G Power, being able to flip the script is a perfect idea.

Penny then goes to select her triad of Gate Cards, but as she does, she fumbles the pile and they slip from her hands, scattering all over the ground in a variety of metallic clinks. She stares frustratedly at them and starts to pick everything up. That's when she notices something: the Leonidas Gate Card.

Huh. Might as well take that along, it's not a bad call to give Leonidas an extra 200G if he needs it.

Penny then sorts her cards back in order and grabs two more. Tricky Jump, and Blind Gate. Tricky Jump is nice because of shoving Ability Cards down her opponent's throat, but Blind Gate is arguably just as fun.

The moment she activates the card, the Bakugan with the lowest G power is able to knock out their opponent, but this wears off if an ability is used. While it's usually only in Haos decks, hopefully they don't mind a little plagiarism here and there.

Oh, right, she needs to pick her Bakugan. Leonidas is a must, and she might want to use some weaker Bakugan to get the most out of Darkus Swap. And so, she grabs Wormquake and Robotallion. 

This is it. Her final battle, and her one chance to make Masquerade look dumb. Is that why she's come this far? Well, she doesn't think she's petty, but maybe she is.

Regardless, she's come pretty far. Hell, she even had to beat Cyan to get here, something she never thought she'd be able to do.

"Penny, when will you be finished with your preparations?"

Penny looks over at Leonidas, who's hovering next to her.

"Now."

"I wonder where our opponent is. It would be... disappointing if he does not show."

Penny gives him an unbothered shrug as she stands. As if on cue, she hears footsteps approaching, and who else comes sauntering in than the mystery brawler himself.

"You're late."

"You're early."

"Potato, potato."

Penny crosses her arms and affixes the odd brawler with a sneer.

"I've already prepared. You'd best do the same."

"Oh, but I don't need to."

Penny frowns at the sheer immensity of sass being thrown her way and scoffs, slowly walking towards the entrance to the arena.

"Gee, someone's confident. I'm going to the arena. You'd best be there to, so everyone can watch you lose."

Penny walks away, with Leonidas trailing her. She then hears a click and looks back, spotting what looks like a Darkus Bakugan in statuette form floating next to the brawler.