The World Beyond Worlds

Penny sits at the park, uncomfortably.

Alice had called her here, for some reason. Her, and a few others. Namely, Dylan, as well as Runo. The smart ones, according to what Penny's perfectly unbiased opinion is of herself.

That, and one other person who apparently is a friend of Alice's or something. From what Alice said in the message via the forums, she's trustworthy, but Penny isn't too sure yet. Meeting new people is hard.

Once again, Penny is early. Of course she is, since it's a weekend and she has nothing else to do. The research her parents have been trying to do have met a solid wall of either redacted studies or a complete lack of information, so they're both back to saying that they're doing what they can with what they can, which isn't a lot.

Penny remains seated at her favorite bench in the entire park in the mean time, until she spots someone walking up to her. She gently puts her mask on as she represses the urge to roll her eyes.

She looks to be around Dylan's age, with much lighter skin than him, and long orange-ish hair held up in a bun with a light scarlet ribbon. Her eyes are noticeably robin egg-blue, being partially concealed by big, cat-eye glasses with pink frames. She's wearing a light brown off-the-shoulder top with somewhat frilly sleeves, comfortable-looking cargo pants that look to have a lot of things stuffed in them, and sandals that look rather well-worn.

That's Jill Ida. Penny recognizes her from school, and the tournament, and from every time someone brings her up. Is she the friend that Alice called over?

Jill gives an energetic smile towards Penny and waves a little, quickly hurrying over.

"There you are! I didn't know you were also friends with Alice. So, how are ya?"

As Penny tries to think up what to say, she sees a Sub Terra Bakugan float from Jill's pocket and pop out, revealing a Manion.

"Hmm. You are Penny? Very well. Perhaps we should notify Ms. Gehabich that we have found the right person..."

Jill nods energetically at Manion and leans against the backrest of the bench, grinning down at Penny. Penny then awkwardly stands up and turns to face her.

"Um, hi, Jill."

Jill gleefully whips around to face Penny yet again. She has way too much energy, and Penny kinda just wants to go away now. Why can't Alice make friends with people a little less exuberant? 

"So, I'm friends with Dylan, and he let me in on the whole, uh, Masquerade shebang going on. Apparently, uh, one of his other friends, that Alice gal, wants to have the brains of both her gang, and yours, together."

"...Dylan, um, isn't really officially with us, though."

"Well, I'm sure that can change. He's nice, and just wants to help."

"If I'm going to be perfectly honest, I literally just fought Masquerade the other day with Tanner and Damien, and barely got away by the skin of my teeth. So I'm still a little freaked out."

Jill gasps excitedly as her eyes seem to twinkle a bit. She tiptoes closer to Penny, looking a bit too curious for her own good.

"Oh, really? That sounds exciting."

"Not really. At least he hopefully will stop following me around."

Jill opens her mouth to say something, only to look over Penny's shoulder and make another excited gasp. She runs past the Darkus brawler.

"There you are! Took ya long enough!"

Penny looks back, spotting none other than the ever-quiet Dylan shuffling up. Jill practically bounds over towards him and then follows alongside the contemplative Haos brawler as he makes his way towards Penny.