Winds of Change, Part 2

The battlefield takes form amidst a massive flash of rainbow light as Penny sees that her surroundings are yet again that endless, Doom Dimension-like void. Not surprising, since there's both Leonidas and Vladitor here. Dan's here too, seemingly having been dragged in as the field opened.

Penny doesn't pay him much mind, instead huddling with her team.

"Ok. So... what do we have?"

As they plan, Penny notices something: Darkus, Ventus, and Pyrus. There's three of them, just one off from a Triple Node. She hasn't formed one yet, but she has an idea.

"...hey Damien, what about your Gate Cards?"

"Uh, Burning Battle, Lockdown, and Warius Character."

"Do you wanna swap Lockdown with Sub Terra Hazard?"

"Why?"

Penny smiles from under her mask.

"Triple Node."

"Ooooh."

Damien gives a slow, understanding nod. He's using a classic power build: Bee Striker, Mantris, and Warius, all Pyrus, and cards all focused on overwhelming through sheer power.

"Ok. Tanner. All we need for you is to protect whoever goes Sub Terra on Damien's team."

Penny and Damien trade cards. Tanner nods.

Tanner has a utility build: El Condor: Character, Energy Merge, and a new one, Debilitation, for his Gate Cards. Debilitation seems to halt the second Bakugan that lands on it from using abilities. He has El Condor, Monarus, and Bee Striker for his Bakugan, all Ventus. Two Bee Strikers, wow.

Penny looks at her cards: Light Sap, Darkus Gravity, and Alpha Blaster for abilities, and Lockdown, Disadvantaged Field, and Leonidas Character for her Gate Cards. Through bringing Reaper, Falconeer, and Leonidas, hopefully she'll be able to win this.

Penny gets ready to complete the huddle.

"Ok. The end goal: get a Triple Node in place and destroy the opposition."

"...have you ever done a Triple Node?"

"Nope."

"Yeah, I don't think any of us have."

"I believe in the impossible. You all ready?"

Tanner and Damien give Penny a serious nod.

"Our goal here is not to win three Gate Cards. Our goal? Step all over Marduk and Masquerade."

Penny turns around and sees Masquerade and Marduk both slip a Doom Card out.

"Doom Card, set!"

Penny watches the inky ripples of darkness spread out from the landing spots of the cards as she gives a somewhat scathing glare.

"Let's roll. Gate Card, set!"

Six Gate Cards go down. Penny looks across the field from Masquerade, as both of the team leaders share a tense moment.

"Go ahead, Penny. Throw out your first worthless Bakugan."

"Gladly. Bakugan, brawl! Darkus Reaper, stand!"

Penny's Reaper forms on Disadvantaged Field, her own Gate Card.

Tanner then walks up next to Penny and holds his first Bakugan out.

"Bakugan, brawl! Ventus Bee Striker, stand!"

Tanner's Bee Striker forms above Debilitation. Hopefully someone takes the bait.