Race to the End

Penny walks through the neighborhood with Cyan. The plans are nearly finalized, she's been looking forwards to being done with all this. Oh, and the Fusion Cards. She tested them with the rest of her group: everyone somehow got one all thanks to Wavern and her mysterious ways, and they took around an hour to work out how exactly they function.

Penny's card goes with Cloak of Shades, and, as she read earlier, it targets someone random and transfers 25G to her Bakugan. This is nice in solo brawls, since it essentially makes Cloak of Shades go up to a 200G boost, but in brawls with more than one person, it might get tricky.

Cyan's card goes with Marionette, that one very annoying Mantris card. She's pretty sure it drops the target by 20G or something after they get yanked over to a different Gate Card.

Tanner got a Fusion Card for Blow Away. All it really does is equalize the G Power of his Bakugan to the average between the target and him. While it sounds complicated, it's rather self-explainable in practice.

Damien has a Fusion Card for Rapid Fire: all it does is increase the Bakugan's G by 20 when it gets sent out. She can't wait to see what wild combos with other cards can get once he can use it in a brawl.

Dylan can use a Fusion Card for Flash. It drops his Bakugan's G Power by 30 but lets him use a second Ability Card. A very nice one-two punch. When Dylan used it during the testing brawl they all did, he managed to combo it into Haos Freeze and take out Warius and Mantris, which Penny thought was quite impressive.

Marduk has Negative, which goes with Anti. This doubles the next G Power boost used in the brawl. Penny discovered that it's quite literally the next G Power boost from anyone at all, since she immediately popped Cloak of Shades and her Fusion Card and she got way too much G Power.

Lastly, Jill got a Fusion Card for Grand Slide. All it really does it move the Bakugan along with the Gate Card, which, while probably weak at first, can definitely lead up to some powerful combos later. Hopefully. Jill doesn't seem to know what to do with it, but, oh well, it's not Penny's problem.

All in all, Penny is liking these Fusion Cards. Everyone else seems to agree with her too, which is nice. Even the rest of the Battle Brawlers do, which she certainly wasn't expecting.

"So, Penny, what next? Like, it's clear we're not doing it today."

Penny shrugs up at Cyan as they both meander along.

"I guess we're waiting. Maybe Dan'll do something crazy again."

Penny walks down a street, headed home with Cyan. It is a fortunately quiet day, which is honestly a relief.

"Well, that's fair."

Penny takes Leonidas out as he pops out.

"Well, Leonidas, you excited for this to be over?"

Leonidas looks over at Cyan.

"I... yes, I suppose."

"You sound unsure."

"I am contemplating what comes after this."

Cyan nods and takes Mantris out of her Baku-Pod, setting it on her shoulder.

"I wonder what Mantris is thinking."

Penny looks over at Mantris. Mantris looks back. It chirps quietly.

"Well... it definitely understands what we're saying."

Penny looks at Leonidas.

"Do you know what it's saying?"

"I do not."

"Hmm. That's unfortunate."

"I apologize."