Fall Into Place

Penny is at school, which is normal, and is hanging out with Cyan, which is also normal. What isn't normal is that Jill either has found their lunch table, or Cyan told her, because now she's sitting down at it. Tanner and Damien are there too, but that's normal, since those two have been sitting at Penny's lunch table for awhile now, ever since the tournament.

Regardless, Jill is quickly drawing close. She gives everyone her usual energetic wave and whips her backpack around to plop it on the ground beside the circular lunch table.

"Hi, guys! Mind if I sit here?"

Everyone else looks at Penny, who suddenly feels very put on the spot. Why not? It's just Jill, what could possibly go wrong?

"...um, sure."

"Alright, cool!"

Jill plops down beside Tanner and puts her backpack down on the floor. She then leans forwards and looks between everyone with that usual excitable grin on her face.

"So, how's everyone doing today?"

Damien drums his fingers on the table as he tilts his head a little, smiling.

"I'm good. I mean, I almost failed the math test but, uh, everything else is fine."

"...Damien, Penny's t-the only one here w-who gets above an 85 in those c-classes."

Damien gives a somewhat uncaring shrug in response to Tanner as Jill laughs happily at that.

"Yeah, that's fair. Math's hard, man!"

Not really, but, to be fair, Penny actually tries, unlike Damien.

"It's not for everyone."

"Y-Yeah, exactly!"

"Tanner, a lot of classes aren't for you."

Tanner immediately gets a little flustered as Cyan says that. She then carries on, looking between everyone at the table.

"Moving on. So, um, we as a group, uh, and Dylan, whenever we get him, need to start figuring stuff out."

"Like?"

Cyan looks over at Penny.

"I dunno, trying to put a stop to Masquerade, solving world peace, eat the rich, something like that."

"Knowing how adults are, only the first one feels remotely possible."

"Then let's do that."

"Ok, Cyan, since you seem to be on the warpath, what do you suggest we do?"

Cyan thinks for a bit as Jill goes to interject.

"I, uh, I've only really dealt with that other kid, Marduk. Yknow, the one Penny chased off."

The group all nod at that as Jill's eyes scan everyone around her.

"So, uh... who here aside from Penny has a lot of experience with Masquerade?"

Tanner clears his throat and slowly raises his hand.

"...um, Damien and I d-do. Uh, he approached us, once. And, um..."

Damien clears his throat, as Tanner nods and he takes over.

"So, Masquerade approached Tanner and I. He offered us Doom Cards, saying that they're pretty strong cards that can help us in fights."

"And you took them?"

Damien nods as he frowns a little.

"The moment we did, um... it, like, was kinda like a possession? We all of a sudden started acting like terrible people. Masquerade then told us to go after Penny."