41| Betrayal

"It's time.

~S"

"Who the fuck sent this?"

Abigor roared, snatching the piece of paper and examing it carefully. Those were the single words written there, nothing else.

"It's Sylvia" Aria whispered "It's a signal that Silverio has made up his mind to kill me today and that I'd have to end him before that"

Abigor took in a sharp intake of breath as his eyes narrowed into angry slits "How-"

A loud ringing of her phone, interrupted him as Aria ran towards it with Abigor hot on her tail.

An unknown number lit up the screen as she looked up at Abigor, trying to decide what to do.

He nodded and motioned towards the ringing phone "On the speaker" he instructed while crossing his arm in front of his chest.

She nodded and picked up the phone and put it on speaker.

"I don't like being put on speaker, it invades my privacy"

A cold voice greeted her as Aria sighed out in relief, Sylvia always wanted to make her entries dramatic.

"Is it true?" Aria asked, getting straight to the point and failing to understand why she used a letter instead of just telling her on the phone.

"Sure is, sister" Sylvia agreed before continuing "I don't know how that bastard dug up your location, but once he did, it was pretty easy for me to get it"

"Someone from the inside is helping him," Aria said while Abigor nodded while listening to their conversation silently and focusing on each word.

"I'll bet my fake ass that it's that Abigor, he's a greedy bastard after that new missile" Sylvia scornfully noted as she added "Do you hear me, Abigor Hayes? I think you are the snitch"

"Sylvia-!"

"Watch your tone" Abigor growled menacingly "Otherwise Silverio will not be the only one dead today"

"Confidence, I like it" Sylvia chuckled "Anyway, I don't have much time, this burner phone is running out and I wanted to tell you his hideout"

"Well? Get to it" Abigor barked, already tired of her.

"Patience is a virtue, Mr. Hayes"

"Sylvia" Aria warned in a low voice as Sylvia huffed from the other side.

"The underbridge in front of the Grand Royal Residency" Aria nodded as she looked up at Abigor, who ran his hand up and down her back reassuringly "They are planning to attack tonight"

The phone beeped as the line went dead.

Aria groaned in frustration "I knew it was coming, but so soon"

"It's not soon, he waited a year probably collecting information" Abigor replied "He confirmed your identity in the charity event"

Aria nodded in understanding while turning around to look directly into his eyes "Well I better go and kill that piece of shit now"

As she tried to take a step away from him, Abigor grabbed the back of her neck harshly and pulled her against his muscular chest.

"Don't even think about going there alone" he whispered lowly in her ear as she shivered and squeezed her eyes shut.