29| Charity Ball

-❦︎-

Abigor stared at the beauty with a glass of champagne in his hand; her fingers moved gracefully along the piano as soft music grazed the quite ballroom.

It reminded him of the first time they had met.

Her grace was unmatched, her beauty was ethereal and her confidence was elegant. He found himself clutching the glass of champagne even more tightly with his jaw clenched, a small crack formed on the surface.

He didn't know anything about her then, he didn't know anything about her now.

Time had passed but nothing had changed.

Her midnight blue coloured dress flowed delicately as she lost herself in the music. The audience was silent, listening to the music intently. It wasn't just a simple tune, but a powerful spell which bounded people together.

The faces of the people were covered in shiny masks but he could tell the expression of enchantment below it.

Her golden hair shined brighter than ever in the dim lighting of the hall as she completed her opening act and stood up fixing her mask while the audience cheered her with loud applause and praises.

It was a charity event and the donor would remain anonymous. A masquerade ball was just a dramatic addition for the cause.

She walked down the stage with Kahlil beside her as people swarmed around her. Abigor hated the way the men with coquettish grins tried to talk to her, as the journalists took millions of photos.

Abigor had enough.

He slammed his half-empty glass on the counter as the bartender flinched in fear. He walked towards the small crowd as the people separated on their own when they found him coming.

Aria's blue eyes gleamed from under the mask as he closed in on her. The journalists went crazy when they saw the mafia boss approching the piano prodigy as they took photos from all the angles.

The masks did nothing to hide their identity. Everyone knew who they were.

The men around her instantly distanced themselves from her as Abigor slipped his hand around her waist and pulled her closer to him. Her palms rested on his thick chest as she peered up at him.

That's what she feared. Everyone will now know about her relationship with Abigor Hayes; the ruthless killer, the lord of the Hayes family.

With these many journalists, she was sure that they'd make headlines. Everyone in the nation would know.

Word could even get out of the country.

That's exactly what Abigor wanted.

A single glare from him, made the journalists and other men disperse. They had already acquired their news, they didn't want anything else.

"Do you have to be such a brute?" Aria commented in a low voice with gritted teeth which didn't phase him one bit.

He grabbed her wrist and dragged her to a secluded corner of the hall, near the bar.

"I was just making sure they know their fucking place. ." Abigor started as he flicked his fingers and ordered the bartender for a drink ". .I didn't like the look they were giving you"

"They were just appreciating me, I'm sorry if it is a foreign concept to you" she snapped back as she looked around the huge hall. People stole glances at the both of them while whispering among themselves.

"I appreciate you enough" he barked and picked up the glass of vodka and downed it immediately.

Aria's face twisted in slight concern as she placed her hand on top of his "Are you sure you should be drinking right now? You were drunk just a few hours ago"