10| Peace

❦︎

Abigor hummed a low tune as he shaved his beard. The hair gels, creams, perfumes, face wash, face scrubs along with millions of other products scattered near the sink.

He was planning on accidentally running into Aria again today and he had to make sure that he looked his best. He knew that she had a performance at a prestigious college today around noon, after which she'll be free.

He still remembered the mad look she gave him after he had kissed her again two days ago. Her eyes glazed as it bored in his, along with her flushed skin and swollen lips.

His heart speeded up as he remembered her innocent face, trying her best to look mad at him.

"Fuck" he hissed as the blade cut against his rough cheek and a trail of blood flowed down. She was just a silly distraction now but he knew that he had to keep his feelings at check. He cannot go around making another weakness when he already had a huge family to look after.

But he couldn't stop. No matter how hard he tried. Her face would always surface at the worst possible times and he would always find himself wondering:

"What would Aria do if she was in my position?"

That thought didn't do him any good though. He found himself sparing the pathetic lives he was meant to take, everyone around him was confused at his sudden change of attitude.

Some would say, he had a change of heart. Others would say he got bored of seeing people dying. Only a few would say that he was in love, because everyone knew it was the least possible one.

His phone ringed, startling him from his chain of thoughts as he looked down to see Karl calling. He looked at the time and noted that it was only 7 am.

It was too early for his shit.

So naturally, Abigor cut his call and pressed tissue over the nick on his cheek. He watched the blood seep through the tissue as his phone started ringing. He frowned and sighed disapprovingly.

"What?" he roared in the phone after picking it up and putting it on speaker, so that he could apply gel in his hair.

"Boss we got a word from the Spanish Mafia" Karl's unnerved voice came as Abigor continued running his hands through his hair and setting his hair to the perfection.

"And?" he asked.

"Silverio Paulo denied..."

Abigor's movements stopped as anger flared in his eyes.

"...the missile that you asked for in exchange of your help that is" Karl continued.

"I get that!" Abigor retorted back angrily "Do they know who they are making an enemy?"

Silverio Paulo, the current head of the Spanish Mafia. The man who couldn't even protect his brother, Salvador Paulo. The younger brother who was found dead in his own bedroom.

"They are taking the Hayes-Paulo pact for granted now. They are overconfident that I wouldn't attack them because of the crap my father spilled" Abigor snarled while aggressively running his hand through his hair.