08| Desperation

❦︎

"Who is that?" a high pitched voice from behind them suddenly called out as Abigor groaned in annoyance and ran his hand through his dark hair.

"Speak of the devil"

They all turned to look at the source of the voice to find a tall brunette with curly hair reaching till her lower waist with sharp blue eyes and pink pouty lips. She wore a beautiful satin gown which embraced all her perfect curves.

She walked elegantly while swaying her hips. Aria's eyes roamed beside her to see a tall bulky man with scary dark hazel eyes and tanned skin, wearing a dark blue three-piece suit.

His face had a permanent scowl with a few wrinkles beside his eyes and some on his forehead. He looked almost in his mid-late 50s.

Aria gulped fearfully, unconsciously backing up against Abigor's chest. Out of all of them, Abigor was the least scary one to her right now.

A feeling of protectiveness incited inside Abigor as her soft body crashed into his. He wrapped his arms around her waist again and placed a kiss on the top of her head.

Surprising both himself and Aria.

Aria looked up at him in a start but words couldn't be exchanged as that high pitched voice spoke up again "Darling, who is she?" her voice laced with anger and jealousy.

Something lit up in Abigor's eyes as his gaze snapped back at the brunette "I'm not your fucking Darling" he snarled as the man took a step towards him and put his hand on Abigor's shoulder.

"Son" his deep voice rumbled threateningly as his eyebrows furrowed "Is that a way to talk to your betrothed?"

Aria's heart squeezed in her chest as her mood worsened hearing that. "If he already had a fiancee, why did he drag me along?" she thought, completely annoyed.

Her hands went to his hand on her waist as she clawed on it to get free, but it only resulted in him tightening his grip and pulling her closer. She winced lowly at the impact, knowing full well that it was going to form a bruise.

"Father, we are not engaged yet and I'd like to keep it that way" Abigor replied with gritted teeth "I already have someone"

Aria's heart rate increased grimacing the situation, getting a vague idea as to where Abigor was getting at.

"And who might that be?" his father said mockingly as his dark eyes fell on the small figure beside his son "This tramp?"

"FATHER!" Abigor's loud voice echoed throughout the whole hall as his eyes reddened in anger. The nerves on his forehead and neck popping out in intense rage as he glared at his father.

His father wasn't the one to back down either, as he stared back with equal fury.

Meanwhile, Aria was arranging curses in her mind to throw at the old man, who assumed that the world revolved around him.

But at the same time, she knew that she had to keep calm before saying anything. Being on the biggest Mafia family's bad side was the last thing she wanted.

A burst of soft laughter broke the ice between the father-son duo, as Layla sauntered towards her husband. Draping her arm around his muscular ones, which visibly relaxed him a little.

"Draven dear, calm down" she said while placing a soft kiss on his rough cheeks. Abigor almost gagged at the shameless display of affection of his parents in front of everyone.

"I talked to her" Layla told Draven with a soft smile. He looked down at her eyes as both of them stared at each other for seconds, communicating through their eyes.