25| Findings

❦︎

Abigor's eyes opened in the still dark room, the dark drapes were drawn so no morning sunlight could seep in.

He sighed and hugged the soft body in his arms while taking in her sweet smell. He stared at her beautiful face for the longest, drinking in her sharp features as he placed a small kiss on her cheeks so as to not wake her up.

He looked at the wall clock and noted that it was still 4 am, his usual time to wake up and start working out. But today was different, he wanted to spend the time admiring her.

His fingers traced her jawline and reached her hair, twisting a strand between his fingers and getting lost in the soft lavender fragrance.

A small cough emitted from the base of his throat as he placed his palm over his mouth and quickly drowned it down. He turned his head to the side and gave out a low cough, his throat felt dry.

He slowly untangled himself from her, she frowned in her sleep and groaned but when he quickly caressed her cheeks softly, she fell asleep again.

He used the jug kept on the nightstand and poured himself some water, he drowned it down immediately and sighed in relief.

The drawer was slightly open and his gaze locked on with a small plastic bottle. He frowned and opened the drawer further, turning back to check on her, still sleeping peacefully.

It was a simple opaque light blue bottle which almost looked like a perfume bottle, but he knew it wasn't. If it was a perfume bottle, it would've been kept with her other cosmetics on the dressing table.

He pulled out the plastic bottle and inspected it for a few seconds. He shook the bottle near his ear and concluded that it contained a liquid, almost watery texture.

He opened the bottle and a subtle scent of disinfectant hit his nose, he brought the bottle close and smelled it.

Chloroform.

He thought with furrowed brows. He was trained since childhood, these things like chloroform or even the most deadly poison had no effect on him.

But he was confused as to why Aria had this in her drawer. He closed the bottle and leaned down to smell the plush pillow they both had shared throughout the night.

The lingering smell of chloroform was present in the pillow too but it didn't smell fresh, almost as if the chloroform was used the day before yesterday.

Does she use chloroform to fall asleep at night?

His heart throbbed in pain at the thought as he ran his fingers through her hair softly "Aria" he whispered in slight sadness "What are you?"

Of course she didn't reply and kept on sleeping. He clicked his fingers in front of her face but still no response, she snored lowly as her face almost drowned in the fluffy pillow.

She's sleeping just fine now, so. . . why?

He sighed and decided to let it go for now, he stared at the bottle one last time before keeping it back inside the drawer. As he was about to close the drawer, his gaze caught something else.

A small silver box, almost the size of a ring box. He quickly opened it scowled at the small, long container hanging on a silver chain.

He pulled out the chain as the small container dangled down, it was filled with red liquid.

The fuck is this?

He cursed and opened the container. He dropped a pinch of the red liquid on his fingers and checked its consistency with his thumb and index finger.