27| Hints

❦︎

Abigor walked out of her room and saw Karl and Kahlil laughing and eating at the kitchen counter. They stole kisses here and there as Abigor almost gagged at the open display of affection.

"Stop fooling around in my house"

Abigor grumbled as he settled beside Karl and they quickly stiffened. Kahlil jumped in surprise and went back to making grilled cheese sandwiches for everyone.

"It's not your house boss" Karl said while chewing calmly.

Abigor raised a brow threateningly "Well, the owner is mine so it's only natural that her house is also mine"

Karl shook his head defeatedly while skimming his eyes through the newspaper. Abigor looked around to see Kahlil's back facing them, he quickly texted a person secretly and asked them to bring what he asked.

Karl noticed his boss's weird gestures but didn't dare say a word. Abigor wasn't a person to do things secretively.

After texting, his gaze snapped at Karl looking at him with the side of his eyes.

"Wrap it up quick, we have somewhere we need to be"

Karl nodded at Abigor's orders and gulped down his sandwich.

"Did you say something?" Kahli said while turning to look at them. Karl shook his head quickly while grinning at him a little.

"Nothing, babe"

He nodded and turned back again, plating the sandwiches.

Abigor's clenched fist came in front of his mouth, trying to hold in his laughter "Babe?" he said teasingly as Karl rolled his eyes and went back to eating his sandwiches.

Abigor picked up a sandwich that Kahlil had served him as his other hand caressed the petals of the freshly watered sunflowers in the vase beside the counter. His mind working at full speed at the disturbing things he found in Aria's room.

Chloroform?

Blood? Whose? Or is it her own blood?

Is it a weird kink to store one's own blood?

The perfectly cooked sandwich felt bitter in his mind as Benjamin's words from yesterday echoed in his head.

"I think you'd be really interested in this. ."

"What is it?" Abigor asked while drumming his fingers on the glass table impatiently.

"The Spanish believe that Salvador Paulo was killed by someone close-by, like a friend, family or a girlfriend. . ." Ben started as his leg jumped up and down on the floor.

"According to my sources, Salvador was a really reserved person. He had a few friends who knew next to nothing about him, so we can strike off the friends possibility for now. And if we talk about family, they love and trust each other more than anything"

"Not family either then" Abigor commented as he nodded.

Ben rubbed his chin and looked down intently at the table as he continued "Which leaves us to the girlfriend option. . "

He sighed as he continued ". .the Spanish believe that Salvador had a girlfriend who he had been seeing for quite some time. She was a really mysterious person and no one there ever saw her face, but they believed she was a foreigner"

"How is that possible?" Abigor interrupted with furrowed brows.

"Whenever she came to visit Salvador, she had her whole body, including her face, covered with what the Muslims call a 'burqa', it's a religious thing" Ben said as he read the notes from his phone.