28| Blood

❦︎

Abigor balled his fists as he breathed in and out a few times to control his growing anger and impatience. The driver's hands shook in terror as he stole glances at his boss's bloodshot eyes.

"B-Boss where to?" he finally dared asked when he realized that they had been standing at the same spot for the last 20 minutes.

Abigor had stormed out of Aria's apartment. Her silence was killing him, the only thing he hated the most was being kept in the dark.

He snapped his head at the driver as he gulped in fear but tried his best to mask it. Abigor ignored him and turned to look at Karl sitting beside him, he indicated Karl while pointing his chin towards the driver.

Karl nodded, understandingly "Dr Shulman. Hayes Research Lab"

The driver nodded as the car started with a low purr. "Make it quick" Karl ordered in place of Abigor because he knew if Abigor got even angrier now the car would turn bloody.

"Yes sir" the driver replied and speeded up.

● ● ●

"You know how far I go just for you, boss?"

Benjamin said dramatically as Abigor, he and Karl entered the Hayes research lab.

"Shut up Ben, did you get what I asked for?" Abigor asked already on the verge of lashing out at anyone. He raised his fingers and indicated his bodyguards to wait for them outside.

"Yes. . yes," Ben said taking out a small box and handing it over to him; Abigor opened the box ignoring the workers greeting them as they kept walking forward.

A small bunch of short hair laid in the box neatly.

"I'm digging up graves for you" Ben completed dramatically as Karl stared at the hair in utter disgust, while Abigor wore a neutral expression.

"Are you sure this is Salvador Paulo's?" Abigor asked as Ben nodded confidently.

It was a rule in their mafia. That whenever they went to investigate a murder or research an enemy, they would always have to collect some of their belongings which could be of use later.

And this time it worked like a charm.

So of course Ben had collected some of Salvador's, the late brother of the current leader of the Spanish mafia, belongings when he went to Spain to investigate earlier.

"One of my best men picked it up under my supervision, I almost gagged when I saw Salvador Paulo's dead body. His face was thrashed and had multiple stab wounds" Ben said with a violent tremble as if the scene just flashed in front of him.

Abigor frowned as worst-case scenarios exploded in his mind and his hands slipped inside his coat's pocket, clutching the small container filled with blood he found at Aria's house.

Aria. . I don't even know your real name.

"Did you manage to get Silverio Paulo's?" he asked as Ben shook his head instantly.

"Boss, you want me to get killed?" Ben said while shrugging "That place was so creepy, I didn't get to see even a glimpse of Silverio Paulo. I investigated what I could and just got out of there"