38| Liar

Aria slowly looked up from her place on the couch to study Abigor's reaction.

His face was still and completely expressionless as he stared at her. She had expected rage big enough to burn the whole world down.

Because she stood against everything he ever believed in. She deceived him, something which he hated more than anything.

She had preached to him about how his father had used him, whereas all along she was the one using him, playing with his heart.

"What did you plan after getting me to kill Silverio?" Abigor's sudden question made her eyes snap back at his hazel-shimmering ones.

"Sylvia would have taken over the Spanish Mafia and I. . ." she hesitated before she decided to grow a spine and tell him the truth ". . .I would have killed you because I knew if I didn't, you'd find me and kill me first"

"That's true" he shrugged as Aria's heart thumped in despair, he didn't even try to deny it.

"What makes you think that I won't kill you right now?" venom laced his words as he stood up abruptly from his chair, startling Aria in the process as her eyes widened.

He carefully picked up the chair and placed it in its original spot "Hm?" he asked again, patiently while rolling the sleeves of his black shirt as he approached her.

She took a deep breath "I'd rather die by your hands than Silverio Paulo's"

He finally stood in front of her crouched body sitting on the couch as he planted his hands on both sides of her head, trapping her.

"Why?"

His simple question made her look away from his eyes as they focussed on his broad shoulders.

She didn't know the answer herself, she didn't know why she felt a sense of comfort with him, she didn't know why her heart hurt just imagining him getting hurt, she didn't know why she. . .cared.

Her heart had swayed in the small amount of time she had been with him, now whenever her heart beats, it beats for him.

A sharp pain struck her heart as the thoughts of her planning to kill Abigor coldly and then running away like a coward surfaced in her mind.

"I—I don't know" she gave out a small whisper as Abigor's eyebrows furrowed as he studied her face.

He trailed his cold fingers down her flawless face as his eyes softened, he did not have to hear it from her mouth what he knew her heart was screaming.

"I'll tell you why—" his hushed whisper made her look at his eyes again "—because you fell in love"

Her heart squeezed at his direct declaration as millions of emotions ran rampant in her mind.

She couldn't. After everything she had done. She was a murderer, she used people just to fulfill her desires. Be it Kahlil, Sylvia or Abigor.

It's all she has ever known. A selfish person like her didn't deserve a pure thing such as love.

"I don't love you" her voice came out hoarse as a single tear drop escaped her eyes. The side of her mouth twitched for a fraction of a second, making Abigor realize the truth.