26| Death

❦︎

warning: sensitive content

Aria laid on the bed breathing heavily as Abigor finally pulled out of her after going god knows how many times. He kissed her heavily as his harsh breaths slapped against her flushed skin.

They laid side by side on the bed, their bodies intertwined with racing heartbeats. It was still early in the morning so they decided to laze around for a bit longer.

"Abigor?"

Aria asked while continuously looking up at her sky blue coloured ceiling and raising her arm up as if she was trying to touch it.

"Hm?" his reply came as he also raised his burly arm and intertwined their fingers together, her small fingers peeking out from his hold.

"How did you feel when you first killed someone?"

He turned to look at her while she continued staring at the ceiling and sometimes at their intertwined fingers.

"Why?"

She shrugged casually "Just curious"

"Terrible" he sighed as she slowly looked in his eyes, his eyes pooled with hidden sadness that was always somehow covered up with his ruthlessness "I felt terrible"

"Then why did you do it?" she asked. Now he stared at the ceiling blankly as he brought her hand interlaced with his, and kissed it gently.

• • •

"Father, what is this?"

A young Abigor asked his father as Draven made him stand in front of the blood-stained road with hundreds of dead bodies.

Some people's heads were chopped off, some people's hands were severed. An eyeball rolled down to where Abigor was standing and stopped right in front of his expensive shoes.

He stared down at it in horror as their doctors ran around the bloodied area and started treating anyone who could be saved.

"I'm showing you the reality, my son" Draven, his father, commented "You know why these people were killed?"

Abigor shook his head negative, finding it too hard to form sentences. The Spanish Mafia had surrendered to them after 2 long years of war for power. They had made a pact of peace so that this kind of war never happens in the future.

So Abigor didn't know why there were still so many casualties.

"There was a bomb blast" his father commented as Abigor saw the destroyed cars and blood coating the cemented road red "Caused by the Spanish Mafia"

"But didn't we just sign the peace treaty with them?" Abigor asked as he heard a ragged coughing and started following towards the source of the voice, his father following behind.

"They told us the location of the bomb they had planted after we had signed the Hayes-Paulo pact, but it was too late. They said they didn't mean it" Draven said with contempt and balled up fists.