177. Typical Weasley Twin Fashion As a Stark Contrast

"Give her hell from us, Peeves!" Fred called before soaring into the air behind George, flying over the portable swamp they had created, over the crowd, and finally off the school grounds.

Althea watched them go with a small smile, glancing over at Ginny to see her laughing and cheering with all the rest.

The excitement all over the school was so great, it was late the following afternoon when any of them could settle their minds to anything. Homework had not slowed even in lieu of the exams, but even so, Althea found herself in the library or Common Room studying nearly every spare moment usually with Neville and sometimes with the additional company of Ron, Harry, and Hermione.

By the time three weeks had passed since Fred and George's escape, Althea and Neville were beginning to finally feel more confident about the O.W.L. exams. That particular bright evening found the two of them on the grounds, books open uselessly around them. Neville was laying on his back, tossing a ball between his hands as he stared at the sky, answering Althea's questions.

"What potions that we've learned require salamander blood?" Althea asked, leaning her head back against the tree, as she studied the branches.

"Wiggenweld Potion, Strengthening Solution," Neville listed, tossing the ball back and forth as his brows furrowed. "And...that's it?"

"I don't know," Althea admitted with a laugh. "I've run out of questions from our extensive review sheet."

Grinning, Neville tossed the ball at her.

"Hey!" she cried, just barely catching it as it struck her hard on the arm.

Instantly sitting up, Neville exclaimed, "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean- Althea!"

For she had quickly tossed it back at him, just barely missing his head. He burst into laughter as he tossed it back to her. Scrambling to her feet, Althea ducked behind the tree, ducking out just in time to toss it back at him. Neville grinned, silently moving forward as he tried to go around the tree. Holding her breath, Althea snuck the other way, listening closely as she kept her eyes to her left, the opposite way she was moving. Then, before she had thought to turn, she felt two hands jab at her shoulders.

"Neville!" she shrieked, turning in shock to find him laughing so hard he collapsed among their books.

Stealing the ball from him, she tossed it at his head as he blocked, laughing all the harder.

"You're ridiculous," Althea said, restraining a laugh as she sat down beside him, shaking her head.

Neville turned to look at her. The sun was beginning to fall, but it was still high enough that from that vantage point, it seemed to be hiding behind Althea's auburn hair. The edges of her loosely curled hair seemed to be on fire, flaming brightly in the light of the summer sun. Her pale skin glowed in the warm light as her eyes shone. Neville quickly looked away, his cheeks slightly flushed.

.

"Have there been any updates?" Amara asked anxiously, looking at Professor McGonagall worriedly.

"Nothing out of the ordinary," she replied crisply. "Not for Umbridge, anyway. When I tell you I nearly cheered myself for those Weasley boys..."

Amara smiled, pouring herself more tea. They were sitting at the kitchen table, drinking tea together as they waited for Dumbledore, who had promised to come to see Minerva.

"I'm glad you're here," Amara said. "There was actually something I wanted to ask you."

"Was there now?" McGonagall replied in that curt, brisk voice of hers, but Amara knew her too well. There was a slight upturn in her lips that told her she was pleased.

"Well, Sirius and I were talking," Amara began, attempting to control her excitement. "We agreed that if the baby was a boy, Sirius could choose the name, but if it was a girl, I could. Well, she's a girl, and I know what I want to name her, but..."

"What is it?" McGonagall asked, her narrow brows furrowing as she took another sip of her tea.

"Well," Amara said slowly, setting down her cup. "I was thinking about names, and I realized that there's one person in my life who has been...one of the most loving and supportive people I've ever had...and who doesn't get enough recognition." Amara shifted to look Professor McGonagall directly in the eye as she explained, "If you're okay with it, I want to name her Minerva, Minnie for short."

McGonagall was silent a moment, but as she stared at Amara, her eyes instantly filled with tears.

Blinking rapidly, she said, "M-Minerva? You mean...After me?"

Amara nodded, sniffling as she tried to restrain her own tears.

"I know it's been a long time since we regularly saw one another, but you have been the best thing that could have ever happened to me," Amara said, blinking back tears. "There was no one else I felt safe going to after my parents died, who I knew I could talk to seventh year about...the incident. You have been my rock through so much. I want to name her for you."

"Oh...well," McGonagall said, blinking still more rapidly. Finally, a tear slid down her cheek. Crossing over to Amara, she embraced her, whispering shakily, "I'd be honoured."