Chapter 67: Flashback

Warning: Sensitive content. It can be emotional triggering.

Chapter 67: Flashback  

Flashback

"Ahjussi, my mom told me I can eat here, and she'll pay you later." A small figure looks up at the restaurant owner.

"Aish this kid again. Your mother didn't pay me last time." The old man shakes his head at the owner of the innocent crescent eyes.

"She said she'll pay all of it this time. Please, can I have jajangmyeon? We were rushing out of the house, so we didn't have time for breakfast." The ten year old kid looked at the old man. "Please, your jajangmyeon tastes so good. Even better than my mom's. She's going to hate me, but it's true." Jimin says in a whisper, earning a chuckle from the old man. As well as the lady who's already sitting in the restaurant.

"What kind of mother is that?" The uncle shakes his head again. "Go and have a seat." How can he say no to that cute hungry kiss.

"Thank you, ahjussi." The crescent eyes beam up. "You are the best." He bows before he looks for the table.

"Go and sit there. There." The old man points at the table close to his cooking area. "The area is not even safe for adults to walk alone. How can someone let their kids out like this?" He shakes his head again.

"Eomma said nothing's gonna happen. There are many kids around here too I saw. They like to have that package with white powder in their hands. My mom said not to talk to them. I wonder what they are." The young boy says, glancing around the restaurant. "This place is old." He earns another chuckle from the lady who's sitting at the table behind him. He bows at her. Always. Always bows to the adult.

The old man also laughs while boiling the noodles. "This place is even older than you. I'm sure."

"I'm ten. How old is this restaurant?"