Chapter 49: You're my only light

The sun that shines through the window causes a frown on Jimin's face. Blaming it so bad for disturbing his sleep. He doesn't even know when he fell asleep last night. He only remembers how he was scrolling on his phone waiting for Jungkook to come up. As soon as he heard Jungkook walking upstairs, it was the time he felt at peace and fell asleep.

Jimin roams one of his hands on the sheet with his eyes closed, hoping it to meet a strong chest that belongs to the one who always lay on the side waiting for him to wake up.

Nothing. No one.

Opening his eyes with a heavy feeling in his chest, Jimin realizes Jungkook is not there. Was he there last night to at least cuddle him? But then he gets an answer right away. The other side of his bed hasn't been touched. Jimin sits up, staring at his front and looking around their bedroom area. Not sure where Jungkook is. Right about when he's about to get up to see if Jungkook is downstairs, his phone rings, stopping him from getting up.

"Appa?"

"Jimin-ah, hello."

"Hello."

"How have you been?"

"I'm ok." Jimin replies as he gets up to see if Jungkook is still in the room.

Nothing. Jungkook is not on the couch. Jimin decides to walk down stairs, and his heart gets tense when he is not seeing Jungkook anywhere. Jungkook left? Again?

"Jimin? Jimin-ah, can you hear appa?"

"Ah yes. Why did you call?"

"What kind of question is that? I am checking on you. I've missed you. It's ok that you haven't called me recently, but can you at least pick up the phone more often?"

"I'm sorry, appa. I've really been occupied." Jimin says while walking to Jungkook's downstairs. The one Jungkook hasn't been sleeping in for a while because they've been sleeping together upstairs. It also reminds him that Junho was the last person who used that bed.