Chapter 50: Chasing the light

Walking faster and faster, sweat is all over Jimin's body. He can imagine himself being all red from walking some distance. Jimin took a taxi from his apartment, but the traffic was bad at the campus gate, and he didn't want to wait since the break is about to be over soon. Jimin is rushing, so he can spend time with Jungkook before their class.

Stepping in the canteen, Jimin walks straight to their usual table. Jin hyung's laugh is heard from meters away, as always. He chuckles, but his smile fades when he doesn't see Jungkook at the table. Jimin slightly bows to Jin, Namjoon and Hobi.

"Oh Jiminie! You're here. Come sit." Jin pats on Jimin's shoulder as he sits.

"Hey." Jimin smiles lightly while looking around for Jungkook. Maybe Jungkook went to get some food?

"Jungkook needed to print his assignment. He's at the computer lab." Hobi informs with a straight facial expression, but if Jimin looks closely, there's some sort of worry in his eyes.

"Oh ok." Jimin looks down on the table, trying not to show his frustrating face.

"Jimin-ah, you've been busy? You don't have time to iron your shirt? Next time you should let me know. I'll help you." Jin says.

"Yeah. I do extra loads for Jin. I can do it for you too." Namjoon adds.

"It's fine. I was in a rush this morning, and this shirt is the biggest one I have." Jimin explains.

"Biggest one?" Namjoon tilts his head. "Oh... because Jungkook doesn't like it when you wear something fit. I remember you guys fought about it onc-"

"It looks nice on you, Jimin." Hobi smiles. He has been noticing for a while how Jimin has been wearing baggy clothes that cover his bottom, they came to know later that Jungkook was mad when Jimiin wears tight jeans. It's his intention to interrupt Namjoon. They don't want to make Jimin uncomfortable, do they?

"Thank you." It doesn't matter for Jimin to wear a shrunken t-shirt as long as it's baggy enough, so Jungkook hyung won't be upset.

"Did you eat? Are you hungry?" Jin asks while looking on the table to see if there's anything Jimin can snack on.

"Not yet. I'll eat later."

"I'll be right back." Hobi leaves the table before letting anyone ask him where he's going.

"You should eat something"

"I will eat later." Jungkook hyung might be tired of his extra fats. That's what Jimin has been thinking. Stupid thoughts, but they're real to Jimin. It's what he believes, truly.

"Did you eventually talk things out with Jungkook?" Jin decides to ask a bold question. The same one he asked Jungkook early, but that brat changed the topic and avoided answering him at all.