Chapter 46: I know you know that I know

Walking faster and faster, Jungkook rolls his eyes at the familiar smell that's hitting his nose. The smell of cigarettes and alcohol mixing with jasmine doesn't make him sick physically, but the smell reminds him of the problem that hasn't been solved. Park Minjung.

It's been six months, and Jungkook hasn't gotten any clue about his mother. The lady has been coming to the casino only once a month, and it's been extremely hard to contact her. Jungkook could only invite her for a meal, and when he asked for something related to his mom's incident, she didn't reply. The only thing she's been doing is borrowing countless amounts from Jungkook, using Jungkook for money.

The second time they met. Jungkook met her again at the casino as he tried to talk to her about the old branch that this private gambling house used to take place. He also made it like he wanted to invest and rebuild the area.

The third time she met Park Minjung after another month, he invited her to Noi's market where his mom's incident happened. Wrong move. They started talking about the incident. Jungkook couldn't control his feelings. He might have let it slip by asking Minjung many questions about the Jung mafia who was powerful over the area, and what Minjung was doing that day.

The lady was wise enough to catch that the questions made Jungkook get all angry and emotional, so she kept quiet. She even excused herself out early. Even said that she won't be contacting Jungkook ever again, but well, can people, especially Park Minjung, resist the tons of money?

Only once a month does Jungkook need to come up with plans to get Park Minjung to talk to him. He made some Jeon guy to follow her in Busan, checked if she gambles in some other places too, and when she loses, Jungkook would text her with giving help just in time like a hero.

Jungkook promised to give her money, if she can answer some questions. Her game was dirty, and Jungkook shouldn't have trusted her. Not once but twice. She mentioned Jeon Ana's name to play with Jungkook's emotions, promising Jungkook she will tell more about it when he sends her the money, and then her phone won't be reachable ever again, for a while.

That is how Jungkook came to realize that the lady might know he's after the truth about his mother. Actually, Minjung would have known that he's a Jeon. Yes, a Jeon, and remember? What Jeon wants, Jeon gets.

So here he is, at the VIP gambling house, trying to figure out the truth. "Ajumma. Nice seeing you again." Jungkook smirks, walking into the private room where one guard escorted her from keep losing. Guess what? He can play dirty too.

"Jungkook?" Minjung glares at him before she gets up, trying to walk away, but the guards stop her. "I told you I have nothing to talk about. I know nothing."

"If you know nothing, then why did you trick me about Jeon Ana? Ajumma, let me assure you what you've already known. I'm Jeon Jungkook, and yes, I am Jeon Ana's son." The young master Jeon sits down in front of her in a calm manner. He crosses his legs. "You took my money. All you have to do in return is to tell me what happened that day." Jumping straight to the point, Jungkook is not waiting anymore. "I don't believe you don't know anything. You mentioned my mother's name without me even asking."

"I have nothing to do with it. It's just an accident."

"I see you lost the biggest amount tonight. Let me help you. Eunwoo?" Jungkook nods at one of the guards. The guy then brings the money on the table. Pile of money that makes Park Minjung's eyes sparkle. "Let me be completely honest this time. No game. No tricking. I'm talking to you as a son who'd lost his mother without getting to say goodbye. A mother who's everything to me. I want you to understand that since you're a mother too, am I right?" Knowing his last sentence would hit the lady, not because she's a mom, but it's to imply that Jungkook knows about her more than she thinks.