Chapter 48: Why?

Chapter 48: Why?

"In the meantime Jungkook, try to figure out about the lovey dovey situation with Park Jimin. He's the son of that lady who made you lose your mother after all."

Slamming on his car door, Jungkook walks out with a frustrating sigh. He tilts his head up and closes his eyes. So mad. Jungkook is extremely mad at what his uncle ordered, but more than that, he's mad at himself for being reckless like never before. He let the anger get the best of him. Jungkook has to swallow the fact that everything is true, how he's not so careful with his moves. Another thing he has to admit is that Jimin affects him so much. His spontaneous acts mostly come from fear of Jimin being in danger.

Opening the apartment door, the first thing Jungkook notices is the cold temperature. So cold even for him. How come Jimin didn't turn on the heater? The apartment is not smelling the same. Jimin's light honey scent is missing. A frown is shown on his face when he sees some dust on the kitchen counter. Jimin hates that. He's allergic. The room is quiet and dark. He guesses Jimin is sleeping, but then it starts to make sense when Jungkook makes his way to the second floor. Jimin is not here. What happened to Jimin? The fear of Jimin being in danger is building up. Did Jung get to Jimin?

Dialing Jimin's number several times, there's no answer. Jungkook decides to call his friends. Suga and Yoogi don't pick up their phone. NamJin is also not picking the phone. Hobi?

"Hyung, do you know where Jimin is?" Jungkook asks as soon as Hobi picks up the call.

"What's going on? Why hit me up this late?"

"What did you guys do to Jimin? Where did you guys take him?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Jimin is not here in the apartment. His phone is off, and I can't find him. Hoseok, if this is Jung's doing, I'll make sure you guys live in hell everyday." Jungkook grits his teeth.

"Yeah? How are you going to do that? What's your plan?" Hobi chuckles calmly. "You knew it's Jimin who we're after and decided to keep it to yourself for how long? months? I thought we had a deal."