Chapter 68: You're no better than him

"Ah, Jimin!"

Heavy panting, Jimin's eyes are blurry, but not blurry enough to not see the guy fall down on the floor. An instant pain on his fist is happening. Not even glancing down to check on his own fist, Jimin's gaze is blurry on the guy who's trying to get up. He succeeds.

"What the hell? Why would you do that?" The same guy tries to approach Jimin again. "Ouch!"

Another punch from Jimin is being sent on his left jaw, causing him to fall down again on the floor. No sign of fear from the owner of those blurry eyes and rosy cheeks.

Freezing on his spot, Jimin is not sure what he should do. Some people in front of the restroom are helping and checking on the guy. Jimin is getting the look from some people in that small area. The look that implies to Jimin that he should do something, but Jimin can't really find that guilty feeling in him for hurting this guy who's no stranger to him.

It's a nightclub, so it's dark, and people didn't notice what that guy was trying to do. His body is not letting him move. Maybe it's because, deeply, Jimin knows so well that the guy deserved to be in this condition for not hearing his rejection. Jimin just had enough of saying many no. He's sick of politely rejecting the guy's touch. Did he punch that hard? Why does it seem so hard for the guy to get up?

"Jimin!" Namjoon calls out to Jimin who's looking back at him with a blank gaze. Glancing at the guy who's lying down on the floor, trying to get up, Namjoon looks right back at Jimin. "Isn't that your classmate?" Namjoon frowns at Jimin who's not replying. The boy is tipsy, and obviously, he's in shock. "Is that Ten? What's going on? Who did that to him?"

No words are being uttered. Jimin just stands there without saying anything. He looks at Ten who's about to get up. The blood at the left corner of Ten's mouth is visible. It's also obvious that Ten is not completely sober.

"Did you have to do that?" Ten wipes his mouth. He's approaching Jimin, again, but he stops as Namjoon steps up in front of Jimin.

"You wouldn't listen." Jimin says in a tipsy manner. It's less loud in the area. That grants Namjoon to hear Jimin's whisper pretty clearly.

This is at the same time two huge guards arrive and snatch Ten out from the area. The people around go back to their business as if nothing happened.

"What did he do?" Namjoon asks. Still, no words are being uttered from Jimin about what exactly happened. "Jimin?"

"Can we go back to the floor? I want to get more drinks." Jimin asks Namjoon, who's still not getting what's going on. "Please don't mention this. I'm not ready to talk about it." Not waiting for his sunbaenim to reply, Jimin starts walking to a bar to get another glass of Long Island. Namjoon follows as he looks around to find someone.

"I don't think you should drink that much. We should leave." Namjoon suggests as he types things up on his phone.

"I-I'm fine." Jimin gulps the drink in, trying to enjoy the music. "Another one." Jimin shows his pointy finger to the bartender who nods. The bar is not too crowded now for Jimin to get his drink right away.

Texting to the group chat, it doesn't seem like anyone is reading his text. It shows only 1 person reading it. Namjoon can guess that it's Jungkook since he knows Jin is extremely drunk. Taehyung is no different. Yoongi must be too busy taking care of those two.

He was there until Jungkook showed up later to look for Jimin when they all were dancing. That's when Namjoon realized Jimin was not there. The boy was quick though considering how Namjoon had been constantly checking that he was there. He missed how Jimin disappeared.