39 | She's Awake

(^^^What I listened to on repeat while writing this❤️)

-A Few Hours Later

The ticking of the clock on the wall was loud in the quiet room and it was slowly making me go crazy.

I had gotten use to her heart monitor so that didn't bother me, since it told me her heart was still beating in her chest.

Dad was still sleep and I had finished all the paperwork I needed to get done so now I was just waiting.

Waiting for a sign of any sort that she would be waking up soon.

I had already paid for the flight and hotel room for Miranda and was just waiting for her to arrive.

The waiting was killing me.

All I wanted was to finally have all the answers I needed and for my little Aphy to be awake.

30 minutes had passed of me just watching the same white walls I had been staring at for the last 2 weeks when I saw movement from the corner of my eye.

Snapping my head towards Aphrodite I just watched intensely.

I could've sworn I saw her move.

I look away again after a moment of hesitation and just scroll through apps on my phone.

5 minutes pass and I see it again.

Deciding to trust my eyes I keep my eyes locked on her and watch for any signs of movement.

It had only been a few minutes later when I saw it again.

Her hands.

Her hands were twitching.

Like as if she had sleep paralysis and you slowly had to start moving slowly.

My eyes grow wide and I learn forward in my seat.

"Aphy? Can you hear me?" I say excitedly.

A few seconds pass before there was another tap on the bed from her hands.

I could feel my heart speed up inside of my chest.

"Mmm-mm" Was all she mumbled.

I tear escaped my eye before I could stop it.

I push the red button on the side of her bed signaling for a nurse to get here.

I move over to the side of her bed dad lays on and roughly shake him awake.

"W-what?" Dad says shooting up in his sleep.

"It's Aphy! She's waking up!" I tell him excitedly.

A few minutes pass of her just tapping on the bed and trying to speak in mumbles.