02| Present Day

I was in my office at the moment working on paperwork I had been putting off

When I was 15 years old I was able to get myself and Athena away from our homes. Her from the orphanage and me from my adopted parents house. I hate how my sister hates me but I did it to myself.

When I was 7 years old parents came to the orphanage and adopted me. At the time Athena was in the hospital it was when she first started getting sick and no one knew what was wrong with her. I was adopted and on the way there I was so ahppy. I told them all about my sister Athena and how she's going to be so happy when she sees we had been adopted.

When we got to the house I remeber being so amazed, it was huge to me. Like an entire palace, there was even automatic gates that opened when you put the code in.

I remember feeling so happy knowing that when Athena came from the hospital we would finally be together and have our own rooms too. As time passed they became agressive with me.

It was only 2 weeks later when they showed their true colors and everything came crashing down on me.

2 weeks after that incident they took me back to the orphanage to get my sister and I knew I couldn't let them get here so I caused a scene.

I told them how she was always sick, and how she would just drag them down and it would just be a waste of time trying to get her to come back with them. I said it all without realizing she heard me.

They took my words to heart though, and we left.

I remember looking back and seeing her pained filled eyes and her trembling lip as tears slipped down her face caused me more pain then anything they could've ever did to me.

I could never bring myself to regret it though, but I could also never bring myself to tell her the truth. I needed her safe and keeping her there was the safest she could've been.

She hates me now, understandly so, but she never had to go through that pain and that's what let me know I made the correct choice no matter how much it hurt.

Breaking from my thoughs i let a sigh escape my lips as I rubbed a hand down my face. Looking towards the clock I see the time 3:16 P.M Athena should be getting home from school soon.

I should also be in school but when I was 11 years old the adopters took me out. People started questioning why I was contantly tired, and the baggy clothes that use to fit me. So they believed taking me out all together would solve all their problems and sadly it did. They kept me trapped in there taking their anger out on me because they were unhappy with themselves.

It was a terrible situation and the only reason I was still here was because of Athena. I had started sneaking out shortly after they tried to trap me in there. Around this time was when my dear Athena was diagnosed with cancer.

I would sneak out everyday at night time to go visit her in the hospital and would just sit in the room while she sleeped. It's also around the time where my illegal work came into play, not by choice sadly but by force.

The adopters were very high class and respected people and because of that no one batted an eye when I said anything and everytime word got back to them that I snitched the wounds they inficted was one of the worst things I've ever had to endure. It was on my 12th birthday that I was first thrown into an underground boxing match.

They wanted to see people beat me within an inch of my life and get paid for it and from then on it became a regular thing for them to do. Being 12 years old with no type of training I was beat serverely everytime until I started training myself.

I didn't want to be hurt anymore knowing that when I went back to that house I would be getting beat even more so I practiced and a year after being beat within an inch of my life I had finally won my first fight, not without a few broken bones and bruises but I had finally won. Every time since then I haven't lost a fight.

After I had won the first time the adopters obviously took me out because they lost money because of it but I went back every friday to win myself money. I had snuck to seen my Athena everyday and everyday I seen her struggle as well as the orphanage because of the hospital bills that the goverment didn't cover. Half of everything I made went towards her getting better.

Not that she knows that, and I don't ever want her to know but she will always be my first priorty whether she realizes it or not.

It was only after our 14th birthday that she went into remission and made sure to live her life like it was her last day alive. She got into sports, specifically ice skating. She was amazing so I made sure to make sure she stayed in it. I paid for everything and had Ms. May say it was from her. I wanted her to have the best life she could without worry so I made it happen. Yeah she may hate me right now, but I am so freaking proud of her and how far she has came from who she used to be.

Hearing the door slam shut brings me out of my thoughts as I walk downstairs and see Athena making her way to the kitchen. I walk into the kitchen and lean against the door frame and watch as she ignores me.

"How was school?"

"You would know if you actually went to school instead of being a criminal." She sneered at me. Her words caused my heart to break a little bit but I made sure to cover it up.

I did end up telling her what I did when I moved us into this house. I felt it would be both better, and safer for her to know. I didn't like lying to her so I always tried to tell her the truth. Obviously with some things I couldn't bring myself to do it but with most things she knows the full truth.

"Right. Well it's not all illegal." I say jokingly trying to atleast get a smile out of her.

She rolls her eyes at me and quickly leaves the kitchen making sure to knock her shoulder into mine. I here her stomps up the stairs and her door slam shut as a tear slips from my eye.

"ouch"