35 | The Aftermath

The environment around us was filled with noise

Whispers about what just happened echoed throughout the air and I tried my best to ignore it.

The boys surrounded me as my friends say I'm front of me.

We were quiet, we didn't know what to say.

This was the second time we put her in the hospital because of one of our pranks.

Did she deserve this?

You know she didn't. That voice whispered back at me.

Like always I ignored it.

Did I go to far? I didn't know it would put her in the hospital.

Yes you did.

"Did you know she was allergic to that?" Amaris asked me.

She was one of my closest friends, even with me just meeting her a couple weeks ago we became close very quickly.

I sat quietly for a moment.

I did, but I didn't know her allergy was that bad.

She didn't have that bad of a reaction last time.

"... yeah I did. But the reaction she had last time was small. I thought it would only make her itchy or something then she could go to the nurse and get a shot or something. I didn't know it would be that severe." I explain quietly.

The air turned stale around us as they took in my words.

"What exactly did you guys put in there?" Alex said.

"Just some cleaning supplies from the janitors closet and a few things from home, you know?" Lily said in response for both of us.

Suddenly Hades looked at us in horror causing my heart to speed up in my chest.

Why was he looking at us like that?

"What exactly did you guys mix together?" He asked us harshly I had to hold back a flinch.

"...why?" Lily asked.

"Just fucking tell me!" He shouted at us.

I couldn't hold back the flinch this time and answered him.

"Just some vinegar, some rubbing alcohol, some hydrogen peroxide, some pine sol and a few drops of bleach. Then some peanut oil in the mix. Why?" As soon as the first few words left my mouth I seen him freeze in his seat while looking at me.

It was like he couldn't believe what I was saying.

I think I went too far.

"ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID!" He suddenly yelled at us silencing the entire cafeteria.