27 | Confrontation

"We locked her out

"We locked her out."

The silence was deafening after Ares said that.

They couldn't believe what they just heard. They locked her outside.

"It was raining last night, hard, and you're telling me you had her locked out?" Donatello's voice was harsh and stern.

All of them were too scared to even mutter another word but they knew not saying anything would just make him even more upset at them.

"... yea. We didn't mean to lock her out for so long but we fell asleep!" This time Athena rushed out with an excuse.

There was another suffocating silence before Evelyn broke it.

"How long was she out there?" Everyone looked in her direction and found her holding back tears.

The triplets couldn't even speak. They didn't want to speak.

Ares tried but the realization of how long she had been in that rain seemed to suddenly strike him and he couldn't say it out loud.

Then there was Athena. She was trying so hard to keep the guilt beneath the surface and for a while she was doing good at blocking it out.

Then that question hit and it suddenly flooded her entire system.

She had locked her out the house for the entire night.

She was stuck in the rain for hours while they were in a warm house sheltered from the rain and the cold.

Aphrodite wasn't.

The guilt she felt kept her from admitting her faults out loud and it drove Evelyn crazy.

"How long was my fucking daughter out there!?" She suddenly shouted.

Everyone looked at her in shock as she cussed and she didn't seem bothered by it.

Her eyes grew dark at her children and she couldn't stop the shaking in her hands and the pain she was feeling.

Her children, her babies, purposefully hurt her other baby and she was having a hard time coming to terms with it.

She was trying to hold back her anger so she didn't take it out on them but it was hard.

Lorenzo, Raphael, and Donatello wasn't in any better shape. They were seething.

Lorenzo was so mad at them but he kept his hands clenched at side and jaw clenched to keep the words he wanted to say inside.

Raphael was just shocked. Out of all the time he spent with his brothers he never knew of them to do something like this.

They new how important the twin girls was to this family and they had purposefully put one of them at such a high risk like that.