Part 45 Rehearsals and Opening Night

Rehearsals were going smoothly. Tom and Bella were hitting it off again. They were moving slowly and getting to know each other better than before. Scarlett was her main priority, and that Tom behaves around her.

They had moved into the theatre and started to run technical week. It was long and hard days in the theatre. Costumes and the Kinky Boots were tried on. Everyone was happy with what they were given.

The final dress rehearsal, Tom had spoken to the Production Team. He wanted to do something special for the opening night. They agreed that it could happen.

He was happy that he was slowly getting back together with the girl who he had fell in love with years ago. But he was hoping to get a little further.

"Well, that's the end of the dress rehearsal. We have one more dress to go and it's going to be a straight run through. So, rest up for tomorrow night and then the opening night is the following day. We have a massive red-carpet event planned. Celebs coming to watch the show and the original Charlie is coming to watch the show. So, have a good night's sleep guys." The Director told the cast.

It was now the opening night. All the cast assembled on stage for their dance and vocal warmups. Dan had come onto the stage half dressed, but in his Kinky Boots zip up hoodie. His hair and makeup were done. Bella looked up to see Dan, she smiled. Her challenge was nearly complete.

Tom walked onto the stage to see that Dan and Bella were hugging each other. He was unsure as to what was happening with them both. But Erin was now currently pregnant with their first child. So, he doubted that Dan would have an affair with Bella.

"Ok guys. Let's have a good night. All of you dazzle the stage tonight." The Director announced.

The cast cheered and then left the stage to head back to their dressing rooms to finish getting ready.

Bella had a knock on the door. She opened it to reveal Scarlett and Jason along with Jason's daughters.

"Oh, hello sweetie. Have you been behaving for Uncle Jason?" Bella asked.

"Yes mummy. Where is daddy? I want to go and see him." Scarlett asked of the whereabouts of Tom was.

"He's in his own dressing room Scarlett getting ready for tonight's show." Bella told her daughter.

"I'll take her to Tom. Which dressing room is he in?" Lilly asked.

"He's in dressing room 2 near the stage. You be a good girl for him." Bella kissed Scarlett on her head and waved goodbye to her as she was led away to her dad.

Jason sat down on the two-seater sofa with his other daughter.

"So, this is it. Your second dream role of Lauren in Kinky Boots. I really didn't expect for Dan to play Lola. Can't wait to see him in a dress and knee high boots." Jason laughed.

"Jason, I want to thank you for what you have done these past six or so years. You have been a life saver and you have helped me through my pregnancy and got me back on the stage." Bella told the man.

"Bella, from the moment that I met you on that New Years, I knew that you were destined to go further. But with all that happened, would you yourself know where you would have been?" Jason asked.

"No, I would be probably back at home working all hours god sends to keep me and Scarlett fed, clothed and roof over our heads. I want to thank you and your family." Bella was in tears.

"Hey don't spoil your makeup, you are due on stage in half an hour. You don't need to thank me or my family, we took you in and you became my family as well. I loved you as a daughter. That's all we wanted from you, nothing more. To just be a family."

Bella hugged Jason.

"Now, I best go and retrieve mine and your daughter from Tom so that we can take our seats." Jason stepped away and headed over to Tom's dressing room.

Tom was showing Scarlett something in a small blue crush velvet box.

Jason knocked on the door and opened it.

"Come on girls, we need to get to our seats. We have a show to watch." Jason mentioned.

"See you on stage daddy." Scarlett hugged Tom and then held Lilly's hand and they both walked out of the dressing room.

"You better do right by Bella Tom. Don't make me regret giving my blessing for you to do what you are going to do tonight." Jason told him.

"Thank you, father." Tom looked down at his feet.

"You have changed son. You were pushed around six years ago, and you were just starting with your West End debut and your memoirs. Please do right by her Tom and treat her like the Slytherin Princess as you are the Slytherin Prince." Jason hugged Tom and then stepped away from him and headed after the girls.