Part 22 Asking for a Ride

Tom was ringing up Jason Isaacs to ask if he was available to take him up to see Bella back in Sheffield.

"What's up son?" Jason asked his former on-screen son.

"Can you drive me up to Sheffield?" Tom replied.

"Sheffield? But I thought that we were going on Saturday to see Bella. So why do you need to go now? Can't you drive yourself up to see her?" Jason started to fire questions to him.

"I've just had the police ring me up from Bella's phone. Something seriously has happened to Bella. After hearing what has happened, I am in no fit state to drive myself." Tom explained.

"The police? What happened Tom?" Jason demanded.

"Don't say anything please. She's been assaulted."

"Is she ok?"

"I'm not too sure. She's heading to the hospital to be checked out and a rape kit to be carried out." Tom finished saying.

"RAPE! Bella has been raped and assaulted! Ok, I will pick you up in twenty minutes. I'm going to pack an overnight bag; you should do the same Tom. Also see if your mum look after the dogs and stay at yours."

"Yeah, I'm going to call her when I end this call. Thank you, father, you're a lifesaver."

Jason had made it to Tom's house within the time her specified. Tom locked up the house, his mum was going to look after Willow and Forrest by staying at his home.

"You got everything that you need Tom?" Jason asked when Tom got into the car.

"Yeah. Mum is being dropped off at mine so that she can look after the dogs as I don't know how long I'm going to be up there." Tom told Jason

"Right. Let's get you up to South Yorkshire. Do you know which hospital that she's in?"

"No, I don't. I'm hoping that I can call her up when we stop off at a services. But I want to see her, then sort out arrangements for her to stay somewhere else. Bella won't want to stay in her home after what has happened to her."