Chapter 49: Allies pt. 1

(Y/n) moved Technoblade's braid to fall over his shoulder so she could fasten the ruby brooch over his white silk cravat. She adjusted his collar as he fastened the chain of his pocket watch to his maroon vest. As he reached for his earrings, (Y/n) leant over his shoulder and gathered some hairpins. The pearls and silver leaves designing the pins fanned out and curved to sit comfortably against his fastened hair, their appearance not unlike cranberry branches dipped in mercury. His earrings had chains connecting the lobe piercing to the helixes, with emerald shards dangling like leaves on a vine. His jacket was slung over the back of the chair he was sat in. "Have you made up your mind yet, Techno?" She smoothed her hands over his shoulders.
"Yeah. I think I'm gonna wear my cape."
"Ok, I can find you a matching pin or chains to attach to it then."
"Thank you, love." (Y/n) feared Techno could hear her heart flutter despite the distance between them as she moved to his side and looked through a jewellery box.

(Y/n)'s hair was accessorised similarly to Techno's with silver pins, hers including daisies with smooth emerald disks. Her dress was a red velvet, with a sweetheart neckline and a skirt which flared out at the bottom. Silk white gloves adorned her arms to just above her elbows. Her engagement was moved to be worn over the glove. The dress had lantern sleeves which ended halfway down her upper arm. A string of pearls adorned her neck. Her earrings wrapped around her ear with silver wire to look like creeping vines, dotted with small emerald fragments. Her heels were a matte fern green and in place of stockings, (Y/n) wore knee-high socks decorated with a damask pattern.
Finally, she found a chain with ivy leaves.

Turning to Techno, she was startled to see him stood beside her, his cloak already draped over his shoulders. "You move so silently sometimes," (Y/n) complained as she began to attach the chain.
"Or maybe you were thinking too loudly to hear it?"
"Perhaps." With a near-silent click, the chain was fastened into place. "I like this chain."
"I like you."
"Oh hush, I'm going to be as red as my dress if you keep that up." She cupped Techno's face, her thumbs stroking his cheekbones just below the smoky kohl around his eyes. His gaze was soft as he looked into her eyes. His eyes would look bluer when his pupils dilated, redder when constricted, and plum-purple from a distance. "Have your irises always been the colours they are?"
"I don't know," Techno shrugged, "I can't see them." (Y/n) couldn't help but laugh. "Honestly? I don't know. They probably were, the red just became more visible as I got older, I guess."
"They're very pretty eyes."
"Thank you. So are yours."
"You're just saying that for the sake of it."
"That doesn't make it a lie."
"I suppose not."

The two of them smiled at each other. "Come, we don't want to be late."
"After you."
"No, we will go together." Their fingers intertwined.
"I'd like that."

________________________________________________

"There's so many people here."
"Well it's a rare occasion. Coronations before the current monarch has passed are even more infrequent," Technoblade mentioned.
"I suppose that's true, but that makes it an even more joyous occasion."
"That it does."

The grand doors were shut in front of them, awaiting their entry. From within the throne room, the two of them could hear many voices over a quiet music ambiance. There were varying accents amongst that of their kingdom. The screeching voice of Tom resounded for a minute before a loud shush and Wilbur's laughter. "Guess we're the last ones here."
"Makes for all the better an entrance." (Y/n) took hold of Techno's offered arm and rested a hand on his shoulder. "Come, let's enter before we look too tardy." He smiled at her and nodded two the men on either side of the doors. In synchrony, the doors were pushed open.

"Now entering, the Crown Prince Technoblade and his fiancé, Lady (Y/n)!"
Techno whispered to her under his breath, "I look forward to the day your title changes to Crown Princess."
"As do I," she returned. The two walked down the velvety red carpet towards the thrones, where Kristin and Phil sat surrounded by their sons.
"Look who's finally decided to grace us with their presence," Wilbur teased with a smile. Tommy made no effort to greet the couple, instead cursing under his breath as he adjusts his collar in a futile attempt to make it more comfortable.
"Alright you two, time to make connections. Even in eras of peace, there's nothing wrong with having allies. Go talk to people."
"Oh no," Techno groaned with a wince, "I suck at this stuff." (Y/n) placed a reassuring hand on his arm.

"Philza, Kristin! It's been so long!" Techno and (Y/n) turned to see someone whose eyes were hidden behind rose-tinted glass and golden frames. They attempt to sweep a few stray curly locks out of their face, but the glimmering crown atop their head weighs the hair forward in their face.
"Ah, Eret! It's nice to see you! I don't think we've had the chance to speak since your coronation!"
"I guess there's just something about coronations that encourages amiability between us," Eret concluded with a laugh. "Oh! How discourteous of me." They pinched the pink fabric of their skirt, something sheer which showed the patterns embroidered into the petticoat, and curtseyed before Technoblade and (Y/n). A cloak of every colour one could name billowed behind them.

"Sovereign Eret, of Esempee. It is an honour to make your acquaintance."

____________________________________________

Oops, accidentally forgot to update for like 4 months. Time works in crazy ways.
I would've published one big chapter, but I don't want to leave you all waiting. Sorry! See you when I next update!