Chapter 30: Dinner

Thank you to everyone who's sent a question in so far! I'll publish the QnA once I've received about ten questions or so, so I'll be adding and answering questions up until it's published!

The majority of the room was taken up by a massive dining table with matching chairs. It was a dark oak with purple cushions, a fitting colour for royals. Silver candelabras held rods of pure light, basking the room in a wonderous glow. The end of the table closest to you and the door left bare with an empty candelabra, while the other end where the family sat had nine seats with plates and cutlery set before them. At the head of the table sat the king, with his queen sat to his right. Across from her was the eldest prince, Wilbur, with a fluffy-eared toddler on a high chair next to him. The boy was sat in a huff, arms crossed over his chest with his chin held high. He was better than that high chair and he knew it.

Next to the child was a larger child. Prince Tommy was leaning back in his chair, arms comfortably behind his head and one knee under the table keeping his chair from falling back because two of the four legs weren't on the floor. To Tommy's left was a boy wearing a forest green shirt: Tubbo. His elbows rested on the table while he laid his head in his palms. He looked towards you with a surprised but happy look, hoofed foot ceasing its rhythmic clicking on the wooden floor.
Across from Tubbo was a tall monochromatic boy, a leatherback journal placed alongside his plate. He sat straight, clearly a little anxious from the look in his contrasting eyes. (Y/n) quickly recognised him as the lad who brought her the invitation to the ball. He must've been a friend of the youngest prince. 

Then (Y/n) noticed the figure stood by the table.

Technoblade's hair was in a french braid down his back, nothing but his ears keeping loose hairs away from his face. Earrings with similar decoration hung from his lobes, studs connected by thin chains stretching up his ear to the point and connecting every piercing on his ear. He wore a snow white poet shirt and simple black trousers, his feet shoeless. He had a pair of anklets adorned with emeralds. Of course, the look was completed with his red cloak. While look was definitely less extravagant than it usually was, it still screamed royalty with a freeing touch. It took (Y/n)'s breath away yet again.

Meanwhile, Techno felt the same way. The way she looked to her feet and curtseyed politely made his heart ache to run to her and shield her in his embrace. She was flustered, and it was obvious. He walked to her with a calm façade and a small grin on his face, hoping it wasn't blatantly obvious how eager he was to introduce her to his family. As he stood before her, they locked eyes and Techno took her hands in his. "You look amazing.", he whispered to her, and relished in the smile that graced her features. He released one of her hands and used the other to lead her to her seat next to his and Ranboo's.

"(Y/n), it's a pleasure to meet you. Techno's had many lovely things to say about you, and I'm excited to finally meet you." Techno's hand stiffened in (Y/n)'s as he looked to his father with a pleading look. Please, of all times, don't embarrass me now! 
"It's wonderful to formally meet you too, your highness. It's clear to see how much Technoblade looks up to you.", (Y/n) responded with a soft smile, not noticing the heat radiating off Techno's hand and face.

Bruh, did no one tell me it was embarrass Techno day???
Don't worry, you weren't the only one who wasn't informed.

"I hope you've been comfortable in the castle.", Queen Kristen said with a motherly smile.
"I have been, and I couldn't be more thankful for your hospitality. It's amazing what I've seen for the first time here. Like these peculiar lights.", (Y/n) responded, looking to the rods on the table.
"Those are end rods. They were a bit of a hassle to get, but it was one hell of an adventure."
"You obtained those yourself? That's incredible."
"I went on many adventures in my youth.", Philza stated with pride, but his ego was short-lived as Wilbur immediately responded. "Wait, you had a youth?"
"Not this again, Will.", the king groaned.
"No, he's right. I thought you just kinda spawned into the world at the age of 50!", Tommy added. Before (Y/n) could question the joke, everyone on the left of the king was making the joke, while the other four sat giggling quietly.

It had barely been five minutes since food was served, and (Y/n) felt like she had been a part of the family for years. Conversation flowed easily across the table, and laughter echoed around the dining room almost constantly. (Y/n) had barely registered how quickly starters and the main course had came and gone. She was surprised when servers entered and began laying out a variety of desserts. Everyone had a different treat laid out in front of them, varying from creme brulee to berry tarts to a plate of cookies. In front of her was a serving of (preferred dessert), made and plated beautifully. She savoured every moment, a look of bliss constantly on her face.

Meanwhile, Techno was too busy staring at (Y/n) to notice his slice of carrot cake being placed before him. The others at the table opted to say nothing at let Techno have his moment of infatuation so he could avoid losing face. However, Fundy was unaware of the wordless agreement, casually blurting out "Why is Uncle Techo starting at miss (Y/n)?"
Techno quickly turned to his cake, eyes burning holes in the wooden table. (Y/n) had almost choked on her dessert, quickly swallowing her mouthful before coughing into her hand. Techno quickly looked back to her, not paying notice to her bright red face, and placed a hand on her back. "You ok?", he quietly asked, relieved when she silently nodded in response.

Tommy and the other teenagers couldn't help but laugh. Fundy was still absolutely clueless as to what he did that was so funny, so he simply shrugged it off and continued shovelling fruit tart into his mouth, only stopping when his dad began rubbing his jam-covered mouth and hands with a napkin. Kristen and Phil shared a look, but said nothing. Merely continuing to enjoy their own desserts.

They would just speak to Technoblade and (Y/n) after dinner.