Chapter 15: Well now you know

I did so well in my tests wtfffffffff-
Update time! Rajmund unfortunately must live to see another day, so lower the cutlery.

_______________________________________

(Y/n) stepped back as Rajmund struggled to release his arm from Blade's harsh grip. He held a mean grimace on his face, but it was clear to see he was terrified. Blade kept his face angled down, but the tension in his shoulders showed he was angry. "Your Highness, I assure you there is nothing to be concerned about!", Rajmund reasoned, grasping at the prince's hand in an attempt to free himself, but to know avail. The prince stood there, not unlike a statue. He naturally towered over Rajmund, his eyes practically burning as he stared at Rajmund coldly. "Yeah? Then explain.", Blade demanded, raising his chin to look down upon him. Rajmund gulped dryly, his voice catching in his throat. "Well I...", he began, but his voice failed him and all that followed was a flurry of incoherent mumbles and stuttering. Finally, he managed to answer. "I am within my right to discipline my rebellious wife-"

"I am no wife of yours, Rajmund Braithwaite.", (Y/n) retorted, a look of sheer hatred on her face. That was all Techno had to hear. He released Rajmund's arm with a shove, a growing bruise on his wrist filling Technoblade with satisfaction. "Leave.", was all Techno had to say for Rajmund to flee down the hill, not even waiting for the coachman to greet him before jumping inside and demanding him to drive. Exhaling deeply, Technoblade's shoulders slumped as he slowly turned to (Y/n). He couldn't understand the look in her eyes, only that her distance meant she feared him, or maybe she felt betrayed. Finding it difficult to meet her eyes, he cast his down. That was it. He'd messed up any chances he had. "Surprise.", he said in a tone that sounded like the closest thing to a cheer he could muster with how heavy he felt. "What a surprise it is.", (Y/n) quietly responded.

"Do you want an explanation?", Techno asked, and (Y/n) wordlessly nodded, not meeting his eyes. He gestured for her to follow, and went around the castle's wall, leading to a small wooden door. Pushing it open, it revealed the garden (Y/n) had been observing from inside. The music of the ballroom and indistinguishable conversation could be faintly heard over the sound of the fountain, like rain, or waves against a cliff. Techno's heeled shoes clicked on the stone path as he paced towards the fountain, subconsciously flourishing his crimson cloak as he sat on its edge. (Y/n) followed suite, careful not to ruin her skirt as she sat beside him. He merely sat there wordlessly as they took in the feeling of the garden. (Y/n) wrung her hands, still a little tense after the encounter while awaiting her carriage. After a few minutes of peace, though, she calmed down.

"So,", she began.
"So?", he mirrored, waiting for her to continue.
"First, I wish to thank you. For helping me earlier," she said, looking to him, but he avoided her gaze, still looking to his feet. She waited for him to speak, but it seemed he didn't get the message. "Your turn now. Explain.", (Y/n) requested, trying to keep her tone soft. Techno ran a hand over his face, taking longer over his broad nose, his scars, and his large tusk-like canines protruding from his lower jaw. They weren't that large, but large enough to be clear he wasn't completely human. "When we met, and you didn't know who I was, and you weren't scared of what I am, I thought I had a chance to be normal. I guess I was greedy when I held off telling you for so long." His eyes began to glaze over with tears, and it took all his willpower to keep them from falling. He was the heir to the throne of Minecraft, for prime's sake. He couldn't just cry whenever he did something wrong. At the sight of him, (Y/n) felt her heart would break, but willed herself to ignore the feeling that could only be described as pity.

"I would've preferred you telling me, but you're still my friend. Right?", she asked hopefully. It appeared with this, a weight had been lifted from Techno's shoulders and he sat taller. "Yes. I would be happy to stay as your friend.", he replied, smiling. He leant back, seemingly forgetting he was sat on the edge of a fountain, and slowly went tumbling back into the water. (Y/n) laughed a bright, bubbly laugh as Technoblade emerged from the shallow water. He laughed too, a low, rough chuckle, but (Y/n) loved hearing it. Techno unclipped his cloak, fished his crown out of the water, and removed his other jewelry before slipping his boots off, revealing feet that were a mix between a foot and a hoof. It fit his physique though, so (Y/n) payed no mind, slipping off her shoes and moving her skirt so she could dip her feet in the water.

3 hours seem to flow by like minutes as they messed around in the fountain, splashing each other and laughing. It seemed someone had opened a window nearby, or maybe left a door open, allowing the music of the ballroom to flow into the garden too. (Y/n) did an overly exaggerated bow, and Techno responded with a shaky curtsey, laughing. "Would you do me the honour of having this dance?", (Y/n) requested, lowering her pitch so her voice sounded more masculine in order to continue the joke.
"... Nah, don't feel like it.", Techno responded, taking her outstretched hand and suddenly spinning her. (Y/n) continued to laugh, until she stumbled back and grabbed Techno's wet shirt, dragging him down with her. It would've been romantic left them blushing messes... If the fountain wasn't so deep that (Y/n)'s head was fully submerged and she was in need of air.

After an unnecessarily long time taken to stand up, (Y/n) and Techno realised just how soaked they both were. "So much for trying to keep my dress dry.", (Y/n) groaned, finding it difficult to hold up her skirt and step out of the pond with how much water her dress absorbed. "Sorry about that.", Techno apologised, following suite. He began wringing water out his wavy pink hair as (Y/n) tried (and failed) to do the same with her skirt. "Guess I'm bringing a pond home as a souvenir then.", (Y/n) joked. It was, yet also wasn't, that surprising when Techno snorted between laughs, not unlike a pig. (Y/n) immediately pushed away the probably offensive thought of asking if he could do that because of his pig qualities. She also refrained from putting her heeled shoes back on, seeing as she wouldn't want to ruin them too. "What is it with you and walking barefoot?", Techno rhetorically asked.

(Y/n) didn't mind the smooth stones under her feet as they retraced their steps back to the wooden door. She did, however, mind the pointed gravel that led back to the front of the castle, so decided then was a good time to put her shoes back on. They both casually strolled up to (Y/n)'s awaiting carriage, as if they weren't absolutely drenched after fooling around in a pond like children. Techno took her hand and helped her step up into the carriage, his hold lingering before he finally released it. Both immediately missed the warmth of the other's hand but said nothing. They bid each other good night quickly: they silently worried they'd postpone leaving by spending the rest of the night saying goodbye. It was like Romeo and Juliet, but the opposite. The goodbye was quick and they didn't plan in jumping into a risky romance.

They also didn't plan on dying yet. That was also a vital part.