Chapter 50: Allies (Pt 2)

(Y/n) seemed to have a knack for befriending those taller than her. While she may have reached Eret's nose at any other time, their heeled boots meant (Y/n) was closer to their shoulders. Even Technoblade had to look up to their eyes. Pleasantries were exchanged as easily as their introductions.
"How was the journey here? Not too fitful?"
"No, it was quite alright. I'm fortunate that my kingdom resides so close to yours. I hope you will also be able to visit me there. Maybe after your wedding, when everything dies down a little?"
"That'd be lovely. What is your kingdom like?"
Eret sighed with content. "I think you'd like it. There's never a spot of monotony in the warm seasons, when the dyes are fresh. We hold a lantern festival in the autumn to celebrate harvest. Maybe you could visit then?"
"It sounds wonderful," Techno agreed.

Eret had a deep voice and a gaze which seemed to demand authority. Though behind the initial intimidation, there was clearly kindness visible through the window of her gentle smile. Conversation flowed effortlessly between the monarch and the couple. (Y/n) watched fondly as the two royals discovered a shared interest in swords, leading to the promise of a fencing match at a later date. She was happy to simply hold Techno's arm and enjoy the ambiance of the room. After a short while, Eret pulled a silver pocket watch from somewhere within the flowing material of their skirt. The watch was adorned with an engraving of carnations and snowdrops.
Halfway through a word, they glanced down at the clockface and seemed taken aback.
"Whoops, I hadn't intended to take up so much of your time! I'd hate to hoard you, so I'll let you go for now. I'll be waiting for your visit; I'm excited to see your supposed prowess with a rapier."
"As will I." With a curtsey and a smile, Eret made her departure.

"This has gone pretty well so far," (Y/n) commented as she turned to her fiancé. He nodded in agreement.
"Hopefully the rest of these greetings will go the same."
"I'm sure they will. Now, let's try get some more introductions out of the way."

It was while conversing with a councilman that the quandary arose.

"Again, I cannot begin to describe how sorry I am about your horse."
"You don't seem to understand that a sorry just won't cut it! Maxwell was my first horse and now he may never run again! I'm in a position where I may have to consider putting the poor lad out of his misery!"
Behind the two of them, a noble who Techno had spoken to earlier was arguing with someone he didn't recognise. Though, it would probably be difficult to recognise a face you couldn't see. Though the porcelain hid it, the two of them could tell by the way he tensed that he was wracked with guilt.
"Again, if there's absolutely anything I could do to make it up to you and Maxwell, I'll do it. I'm from the capital of Thunnam, and we're known for our doctors. I swear, I'll do anything I can to assure Maxwell continues to live as he has, even if it means making him a new leg."
The noble paused, frown softening. "You mean it? You'll try to help Maxwell?"
"Of course," the Thunnian assured.
"Alright," the nobleman conceded, "but I will hold you to your word. And please keep that beast in check." Before the other could react, he turned and left.

(Y/n) and Techno immediately approached the Thunnian. "Are you alright? Has something happened?" (Y/n) immediately inquired, hoping there hadn't been a commotion on such an important day.
"Oh, it's alright. There was just an issue during my arrival. Rhyhorn startled his horse, Maxwell, when I took him to the stable. Ended up breaking his leg, but Rhyhorn didn't even do anything! He just stood there, it's not her fault he- I'm making an issue of nothing. Sorry about that."
"No, don't apologise. Is your horse really that frightening to spook another?"
"Oh, no. Rhyhorn's a ravager, but I promise she's very well behaved." The moment the word left his mouth, (Y/n) watched her fiancé's eyes go wide. She laughed silently to herself; how other people saw Technoblade and saw nothing but stoicism, she'll never know.
"Did you say she's a ravager?" The man from Thunnam seemed confused.
"Yes. I'm sorry, is that an issue? If so, I'd be happy to sort out somewhere else to keep her as soon as possible."

"Oh, no no no. I've just never seen one in person before."
". . . Would you like to?"
"Yes."
"Well, I'm Dream, an ambassador from Thunnam."
"Technoblade Minecraft, and this is my fiancé (Y/n) (L/n)."
"Well though I wish our initial meeting was less bumpy, your Highnesses, it's great to meet you."

___________________________________________________________

"Ah, (Y/n) and Technobalde! I was wondering where the two of you went."
"Sorry, Phil, it was a matter of utmost importance that required our attention-"
"Techno wanted to see a ravager," (Y/n) betrayed. No one commented on how red Techno's ears became.
"Hi Techno! Hi (Y/n)!" Tubbo greeted next to a man with equally messy hair and large curved horns. He had large sideburns and a comparably small moustache. His red tie was askew, though it was hard to tell if he hadn't noticed or just didn't care. There was stains on his shirt amongst all the creases, though most were concealed in the shadow of his black jacket. His hooves were partially obscured by his trousers, though that was probably due to the fact they were simply too big if the amount of material his belt was holding said anything.

"Hey Tubbo, how are you?" Phil said something about wanting to catch up with someone before leaving the group to talk.
"Oh! You haven't met my dad!" The older man flashed a curt smile before offering a handshake.
"J. Schlatt, it's a pleasure to meet you, your highnesses." Techno accepted the offer with a nod. "I'm the current head of state, so hopefully we'll never have to have more than just casual chats. I got high hopes for the two of you. You seem like you'd be better at talking to a room full of screaming kids dressed like grown-ups than your old man is."
"Oh no."
"Ha! Nevermind, Phil said the same thing just before his first council meeting." (Y/n) laughed by Techno's side.
Don't worry." She knocked her shoulder against his. "I'll be right there next to you to keep you from escaping."
"That doesn't help." Schlatt chuckled along too.
"That's not very professional, big man," Tubbo commented.

__________________________________________________________

I don't know what else to add to this chapter so I'm just gonna leave it there. Hopefully the next few chapters are a bit easier to write. See ya!