Chapter 17: Family

Technoblade watched as the carriage turned and the horses trotted down the stone path, his hand still raised in farewell. Once the carriage was completely out of sight, he took his cloak and slung it over his shoulder as he walked back into the castle. He was halfway to his room when he was intercepted by his older brother. Wilbur raised a pointed finger, as if about to scold him, before he noticed the state of him, wet shirt clinging to his torso, equally drenched cape in his arms, the slowly forming puddle around his feet. "Was it rain or a flash flood? Prime, dude, did you fall in the fountain?", Wilbur questioned, quickly dragging Techno to his bedroom, the place he didn't realise Techno was already heading to. "Take a shower and get dressed before you catch a cold. I'll get you out some clothes.

Techno disappeared into his bathroom, and Wilbur began looking through his brother's nightwear when he explicitly heard the water running. He heard the laundry hatch between the bathroom and bedroom click. Upon looking over, it contained Techno's soaked clothes. He quickly discarded those in Techno's laundry hamper and put the clean nightwear inside, sending it back. Be heard a muffled 'thanks' from Techno before the sound of splashing water drowned out all others from the bathroom.

Wilbur relaxed onto Techno's bed, looking around the room. If he had to share a room with anyone, he would've picked Techno from style alone. The velvety red curtains hanging in front of the balcony archway, the solid wooden desk with organised parchments and pens, the grey sheets of the bed, he even quite liked the painting of a landscape hung above the desk. Technoblade claimed it was a view only visible from the highest point atop the tallest tower of the castle. Once, Wilbur had attempted to climb the roof of said tower, but after falling and only surviving because he grabbed a loose brick, he opted to just believe his brother. Each of the Minecraft boys had a painting they'd made in their room, all done because of one of their father's special lessons. Tommy complained the entire time, asking why it was important to know how to paint as a king. He still remembers what Phil said.
"A king who cannot see the finer details around him cannot see deception within his court, he cannot see unhappy citizens, he cannot see the potential of an alliance within an enemy. A king who cannot see the littlest things will miss too much, and won't be able to rule. When you can hear the quieter sounds in your surroundings, you'll be able to hear the unspoken words of you peers. That is what aids a good king."

Wilbur was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard the bathroom door click open, revealing a much dryer Technoblade. He emerged with a towel in hand, rubbing his curly pink hair dry. Techno wordlessly sat next to his brother, still drying his hair to stall the inevitable teasing. "So is there a reason you were absolutely soaked after running off after a girl? Did she push you into a pond? Please tell me she did." Techno dropped his towel by his side, falling back onto his bed. "We played together in a fountain, Will. Like children. She... she brings out this whole other side of me that even I didn't know I have. She knows who I am now, but she still wants to be my friend-" Techno was suddenly interrupted by his bedroom door slamming open, revealing the youngest prince: Tommy. "The Blade got friend-zoned by a woman! HAHA!", he cackled, doubling over. If you were asked whether or not Techno was blushing, no he wasn't. Technoblade groaned into his hands as his brother's laughter ceased. "Don't worry, Techno. With my incredible advice, I can help you get any woman!", Tommy declared before a pillow promptly smacked him in the face. Techno zoned out from the brotherly arguments between Wilbur (the one with good aim) and Tommy, allowing his mind to relive the childish joy he felt splashing about with (Y/n). Of course, he barely got time to enjoy it before he was disrupted.

You should actually make your move before someone else gets her, ya know.
You are several voices in my head. I'm not turning to you for relationship advice.
You underestimate us, Techno. Also, if we could, we would happily steal her from you.
Am I supposed to feel threatened by that?
Yes.
I am going to ignore you now.
You're just jealous of our confide-

Techno's mind rejoined the conversation to hear Wilbur and Tommy discussing something in hushed voices. "What if we invite her to a picnic? I could set the mood with music, you and Tubbo can sweet-talk some baked goods from Niki, but how could we convince this girl to arrive? Oh, I've got it! You said she helped you before, she'd trust you, right Toms?", Wilbur queried. Tommy's chest puffed up with pride. "You can trust me, Will. With a matter of words, I can convince any woman to do what I ask, with consideration of course. I can't promise she won't fall in love with me, though.", he bragged, chin held high. "Sorry to burst your bubble, Tommy, but she'd probably just listen to you out of pity.", Techno added, scaring the life out of his younger brother. "Finally back in the world of the living, Tech?", Wilbur asked, receiving a punctual middle finger from the pigman. The bickering between the three continued for a while before one of the three noticed their father stood in the doorway, a content smile on his face. He felt nostalgic seeing his boys messing about like when they were kids. For a moment, he thought he really saw a version of his children from a decade ago. Tommy and Wilbur left, leaving only the king and his heir in the room. Phil took a seat next to his son, plopping down on the mattress with some effort (poor oldza). "Gonna tell me where you ran off to?"

"I'm surprised Will didn't tell you, to be honest.", Techno admitted, sitting up from his laying position on the bed. Techno began retelling his night, finding it easier to talk to his father on-to-one than the others. Phil held this joy in his eyes as he listened to Techno's story. When he finished, Phil confessed, "That reminds me of when me and Kristin were younger." Phil reminisced on his past, remembering meeting her working with some children in town who's parents couldn't afford to send them to a conventional school. He immediately did everything he could to "coincidentally" bump into her as much as possible until he finally offered her his suit. "Ya know, I wrote a poem for her when I proposed. Unfortunately, I'd been fiddling with it in my hands so much that it was torn to shreds the moment I was gonna recite it to her." Techno laughed, imagining his adoptive father on one knee scrounging together every eligible scrap of lines and trusting his memory with the rest. "Hey! It worked, didn't it?", Phil pretended to scold his son, putting a hand on his shoulder as there conversation flowed.

Neither noticed Kristin standing in the doorway happily listening to them, her need to talk to the two of them long forgotten when she joined a retelling of their first meeting.